1st American to attempt a solo unsupported
expedition to the North Pole
Talk to Wave Live
classrooms will have an opportunity to talk with Wave live from
the North Pole via satellite phone!!!
English Foreign Language and English as a Second Language
students will improve reading, writing and communication skills.
- What do you know about the North Pole?
- What would you take with you if you were going on a trip
to the North Pole?
- What animals live in the North Pole?
- What do you think are the greatest challenges facing Wave
- Brainstorm North Pole concepts with
- Complete a mind map about North Pole.
- Read an introduction text about Wave
Vidmar and complete an identification card for Wave.
- Write a letter for Wave Vidmar to keep
in his backpack in the case of an emergency.
- Read an interview with Wave Vidmar and
answer questions about interview
North Pole vocabulary in crossword puzzle.
- Take the North Pole Solo quiz.
ESL & EFL Resource Links