1. Description of Our Community
Tianmu is located in Taipei City Shilin District, and partially in Beitou District. It is adjacent to Yangmingshan National Park on the north and east sides, borders Huang River and Shipai on the west, and is connected to Lanya on the west. Chishanyan area is adjacent to Waishuang River and Shilin. Located in Shilin District of Taipei City, we are Sanyu Elementary School, which is an outstanding recognized by the Ministry of Education as the “2020 Taipei City 111 Beanchmark School”. Sanyu’s mission is to provide the students with a learning atmosphere in which they can 'prosper toward self-realization' and achieve a balance of 'health, harmony, study'. By realizing effective transformation between knowledge and ability by professional teaching course under the basic demands of 'life health, ecology harmony, and life study', it aims to cultivate the students with a healthy and remarkable world vision.
2. Summary of Our Project
The main purpose of our project is to understand the problems faced by the river around our communities. For example, environmental protection groups appeal to the conversation of environmental ecology, while the residents protest against them appeal to safety. There is a significant difference in ideas between the two. We hope that we can help maintain this river in our living circle, so that this river can bring everyone closer and become more attached to life, enabling the residents to coexist with it.
3. Our Computer and Internet Access
A. Percentage of students using the Internet at home:more than 50%
B. Number of workstations with Internet access in the classroom:more than 6
C. Connection speed used in the classroom:dedicated connection
D. Number of years our classroom has been connected to the Internet:more than 6
E. Additional comments concerning your computer and/or Internet access (Optional):
The network of school is provided by the Ministry of Education. The environment is good on the whole and the teachers can solve the problems for us.
4. Problems We Had To Overcome
1. There are very few introductions and information related to Huang River on the internet, making it difficult to find useful information; 2. Many students usually participate in many after-school clubs and many students’ classes overlap with the Cyberfair project, so we had to share the work. 3. We could not find the plant we were looking for. We use the APP on the tablet to identify the plant species for us.
5. Our Project Sound Bite
6. How did your activities and research for this CyberFair Project support standards, required coursework and curriculum standards?
After we took the children to visit the Huang River, we used a poster board to ask the children to write down observations or questions about their visit to the Huang River. Afterwards, we carried out school-wide activities to enable the whole schoolteachers and students to converse with us through post-it notes and to let everyone know more about the Huang River and protect and care for the river environment.