1. Description of Our Community
Yuanlin is located in the middle east of Changhua County, Taiwan. It is the economic and cultural center of Southern Changhua. It was founded in 1728 (the sixth year of Emperor Yongzheng in the Qing Dynasty). On August 8, 2015, 'Yuanlin Town' was transformed into 'Yuanlin City' and became Changhua County. The second county-administered city after Changhua City. During the Yuanlin period, it was once the most populous town in Taiwan, so it was once known as the 'largest town in Taiwan.' Yuanlin has a good-natured, hard-working and simple, and his savings are the highest in Taiwan. It is the hometown of many successful Taiwanese businessmen abroad. Yuanlin was developed very early. If you come to Yuanlin, you will find that Yuanlin is a city where modernity and tradition coexist.
2. Summary of Our Project
If you want to get to know a city in depth, you must start by looking for the city’s historical relics. Our topic is to understand the development of Yuanlin city and the traces of the past development process that can still be seen today. Through our records, we hope to arouse people's attention to the preservation of precious historical data in the development of their hometowns. Let future generations have a deeper understanding of their hometown. And proud of his hometown.If you want to get to know a city in depth, you must start by looking for the city’s historical relics. Our topic is to understand the development of Yuanlin city and the traces of the past development process that can still be seen today. Through our records, we hope to arouse people's attention to the preservation of precious historical data in the development of their hometowns. Let future generations have a deeper understanding of their hometown. And proud of his hometown.
3. Our Computer and Internet Access
A. Percentage of students using the Internet at home:more than 50%
B. Number of workstations with Internet access in the classroom:2-3
C. Connection speed used in the classroom:dedicated connection
D. Number of years our classroom has been connected to the Internet:4-6
E. Additional comments concerning your computer and/or Internet access (Optional):
School Internet Facilities: Cun-Dong Elementary School currently has a computer classroom. There are 30 computers that can be used by all students. The entire school computer can access the Internet. And also open WiFi, you can wireless Internet access. It's easy for us to discuss, search and print documents in the school. Network facilities at team members' homes: Every team member has a computer at home. Connect to Adsl or broadband fiber optic network to access the Internet. After school time. We continued our research using email, web hard drives, and our interactive website.
4. Problems We Had To Overcome
1. Difficulties in article translation Because English is not our mother tongue or second language. Everyone has studied English for less than 3 years. Therefore, it is a difficult task for us to translate articles written in Chinese into English. We use the online translation system to check whether the translation is correct. Then ask the teacher to assist us in making the final confirmation. 2. photo integration is difficult: In order to clearly show the beauty of the revival campus. Everyone took a lot of photos. However, it is a big problem to fully display in the limited space of the website. Fortunately, the teacher taught us to use PhotoScape software to integrate graphics. With the assistance of a teacher. It really helped us a lot. 3. the difficulty of making web pages: Because our web production capabilities and skills are not good enough. Encountered great difficulties in making web pages. This section is guided and assisted by two teachers. Let us study step by step. The teacher guided us to learn Kompozer web creation software. Let's successfully complete the production of the web expo webpage. 4. the study time is not easy to arrange: Because the school curriculum and activities are already very compact. We can only use the daily lunch break for research. Many times we take full advantage of the convenience of computer technology. Communicate, share or exchange data using email, interactive websites, web drives. In addition, the teacher grouped us in advance. Everyone is responsible for what they are responsible for. Use the holidays to discuss with your family. I will share the information with you. So that we can better understand what we are studying. During this period, everyone's feelings became more harmonious.
5. Our Project Sound Bite
First, arouse the concern of students and residents for their hometown: Through the research process, let us know our hometown better and deepen our identification with hometown. I hope that through our sharing, people in my hometown will be more concerned about everything in their hometown. Second, spread through the web, so that the beauty of the place can be seen by more people: Our webpage links to the school website. Share through the web, so that more people can see the beauty of Yuanlin and share our thematic research data.
6. How did your activities and research for this CyberFair Project support standards, required coursework and curriculum standards?
1.Integration with the Chinese Language Curriculum The presentation of research results needs to be described in words. At this time, we can see whether the Chinese language training is solid. Through the study and organization of data. We have learned a lot of narrative grammar and the ability to integrate texts to present your point. Writing a progress report also improves our narrative and integration capabilities. 2.Integrated Learning Activities The learning process of the entire Internet World Expo. We have to do briefings, reports, planning exhibitions, etc. These are rarely encountered in ordinary classrooms. The process requires a lot of communication, coordination and teamwork. Learn from this web expo. Let us better understand the importance of teamwork and communication. 3. Integration of the use of information technology capabilities In research activities. We often use computer networks, network hard drives, emails, message boards, etc. We are learning to research and share in a more efficient and timeless manner. Let us improve our ability to use information. I also learned the skills of photo editing, web design, and photography skills.