1. Description of Our Community
Our school is located in Ershui Township, Changhua County, Taiwan. Ershui Township is located in the most southeast corner of Changhua County. It is a rural township without industrial pollution in the county at present. Ershui leans on the Bagua platform and is adjacent to Nantou County. The south of Ershui and Yunlin County are across the river of Zhuoshuixi. The unique natural environment has created simple folk customs. Fu-Sing Elementary School is a century-old school. Long history has fostered a solid style of study. The campus environment is beautiful and peaceful. Coupled with the friendly and loving humane care on campus. Let the campus exude a sense of beauty and fragrance. I can't help but want to share with you the beauty of our Fu-Sing Primary School.
2. Summary of Our Project
This topic explores the campus we are most familiar with. Use different angles and perspectives to discover the beauty around us. These beauty in our lives, if not paid attention to, are often easily ignored by everyone. We hope that through the lens of photography, these beauty that are ignored by everyone will be retrieved one by one. And through the exhibition of works, let everyone see the beauty of their hometown again!
3. Our Computer and Internet Access
A. Percentage of students using the Internet at home:none
B. Number of workstations with Internet access in the classroom:none
C. Connection speed used in the classroom:dial-up modem
D. Number of years our classroom has been connected to the Internet:1
E. Additional comments concerning your computer and/or Internet access (Optional):
School Internet Facilities: Fu-Sing Elementary School currently has a computer classroom. There are nearly twenty computers that can be used by all students. The entire school computer can access the Internet. And also open WiFi, you can wireless Internet access. It's easy for us to discuss, search and print documents in the school. Network facilities at team members' homes: Every team member has a computer at home. Connect to Adsl or broadband fiber optic network to access the Internet. After school time. We continued our research using email, web hard drives, and our interactive website.
4. Problems We Had To Overcome
First, the definition of beauty varies from person to person The theme of our research is the beauty of the school. But everyone's aesthetic experience is different. The definition of beauty is also different. Fortunately, the teacher guides us the basic principles of beauty, so that we can follow it in order to reach a consensus on beauty. Poor photo shooting skills and inexperience We have to take pictures to show the beauty of different aspects of the school. The teacher instructed us on how to take pictures and take pictures, so that our skills for taking pictures have improved. Third, the hidden beauty is not easy to detect The obvious beauty, everyone soon finished shooting. And everyone took similar photos. But some hidden beauty is harder for everyone to notice. The teacher timely took the beauty of campus plants as an example. Guides us to look at all aspects of things from the macro perspective to the micro perspective. Only then can we successfully capture more beauty on campus. 4. Difficulties in photo integration: Lots of photos but limited website space. The teacher taught us to use PhotoScape software to reconcile pictures and texts at the same time. Let photos be presented in a unified format. Fifth, the difficulty of making web pages: The teacher guided us to learn Kompozer web creation software. Let's successfully complete the production of the web expo webpage. Six, research time is not easy to arrange: The teacher grouped us in advance. Everyone is responsible for what they are responsible for. Use the holidays to discuss with your family. I will share the information with you. So that we can better understand what we are studying. This period made everyone's feelings better.
5. Our Project Sound Bite
First, arouse the concern of students and residents for their hometown Through research process and photography exhibition activities. Community residents are invited to visit the exhibition. Let students and community residents care more about their school. Second, spread through the web, so that more people can see the beauty of the place Our website links to the school website and school Facebook fan page. Share via web. Let more people who care about our school or do not know the school, can see the beauty of our Fu-Sing elementary school campus. And share our case studies.
6. How did your activities and research for this CyberFair Project support standards, required coursework and curriculum standards?
1. Integration with the Art Course By investigating the beauty of campus decoration. We found many mosaic collages in the school. The teacher also guided us to create mosaic paintings using graph paper. Through the teacher's introduction, we also know the principle of beauty !! 2.Integration with the Chinese Language Curriculum The presentation of research results needs to be described in words. At this time, we can see whether the Chinese language training is solid. Through the study and organization of data. We have learned a lot of narrative grammar and the ability to integrate texts to present your point. Writing a progress report also improves our narrative and integration capabilities. 3.Integrated Learning Activities The learning process of the entire Internet World Expo. We have to do briefings, reports, planning exhibitions, etc. These are rarely encountered in ordinary classrooms. The process requires a lot of communication, coordination and teamwork. Learn from this web expo. Let us better understand the importance of teamwork and communication. 4.Full use of computer technology In research activities. We often use computer networks, network hard drives, emails, message boards, etc. We are learning to research and share in a more efficient and timeless manner. Let us improve our ability to use information. I also learned the skills of photo editing, web design, and photography skills.