1. Description of Our Community
Changhua City, the northern end of Changhua County is the seat of Changhua County Government and is also the most prosperous city. Changhua City has many famous places of interest, such as the Bahuashan Great Buddha, Changhua Confucius Temple, Laihe poem wall, silver bridge waterfall and so on. It also has many famous local snacks, such as the Guashan snack, the Dayuan mochi and so on. Therefore, Changhua city is a must-visit city for many tourists.
2. Summary of Our Project
(1) Introduce the beautiful natural and cultural scenery of Changhua city, including historical evolution, outstanding people, natural environment, geographical location, transportation and so on. Introduce literature trail, Tai chi pavilion, Laihe poem wall, etc. And introduce local delicacies: Guashan snack, Dayuan mochi. (2) Introduce briefly the water resources profile: from Taiwan to the city of Changhua. (3) Visit 3rd Purification Plant: know the source of tap water in Changhua city. (4) Water quality test in Changhua city: we want to confirm by experiment that the water in Changhua city is better.
3. Our Computer and Internet Access
A. Percentage of students using the Internet at home:more than 50%
B. Number of workstations with Internet access in the classroom:1
C. Connection speed used in the classroom:dedicated connection
D. Number of years our classroom has been connected to the Internet:more than 6
E. Additional comments concerning your computer and/or Internet access (Optional):
1) School network environment: there are two computer classrooms in the school which use optical fiber academic network. (2) The team’s home network environment: ADSL, mobile Internet. (3) How to process data: use E-mail, FB chat room, LINE group, flash driver transfer and Google Drive to save data.
4. Problems We Had To Overcome
In the beginning, we didn’t know how to proceed, even if we knew that the subject we studied was very valuable and representative of local characteristics. We learned from the team the division of labor, team communication and other experience, and I believe this is a big extra gain. In progress, there is absolutely no difficulty in smooth sailing. Not only have they faced different opinions, technical problems such as technical obstacles of webpage, but also they have been exhausted and tried their best, but they are unable to write. However, the strength of the team gives us the courage to face together and overcome the big difficulty.
5. Our Project Sound Bite
I didn’t know Cyberfair before. I only knew it from our teacher. When I first knew it, the teacher said that if I want to participate, I have to get a good grade. I promised, but I don’t know, the real difficulty is behind. Thinking of our first interview outside, we were going to Spring of Youth, and it was a very enjoyable experience to take a car with the students. It was only here that there is such a beautiful place on Baguashan. Then, when I went to the water purification plant, my biggest difficulty came. I used the recorder pen to record all the sounds. When I was going to transcribe the recording, the short 10 minutes of interviews took 3 hours to interpret and make a verbatim draft. Then it was also necessary to organize the entire information, so as not to avoid that others do not understand it.
6. How did your activities and research for this CyberFair Project support standards, required coursework and curriculum standards?
In the process of deciding the theme, after the group members express their opinions, we decided through democratic means to cultivate the team members’ ability to express, communicate and cooperate, and establish democratic literacy. These activities are related to the curriculum objectives in the social learning field. Photographing of photos, post-production editing of photos, layout and design of web pages, and the aesthetic education required are all related to the field of artistic humanities.