1. Description of Our Community
our local community: Zhonghe District, New Taipei City (near the border with Banqiao) New Taipei City, the city we live in is one of the six capitals in Taiwan, and it is the city/county with the most administrative areas in Taiwan, with as many as 29 areas. Zhonghe District where we are located is the third largest population in New Taipei City. The population of the district is about 414,000 and the population density is as high as 20,100 people per square kilometer. Because the land is relatively small, it has the fifth most populous urban area in Taiwan. Due to its central location in the main population and geography of New Taipei City, Zhonghe has gradually become the industrial and commercial center of New Taipei City with many major public construction invested in. Zhonghe has National Highway No. 3, North Second Highway, and Taipei MRT Zhonghe Line, which is almost done, and has convenient transportation. Therefore, all walks of life have developed in a balanced manner, so many printing industries are needed to help publicize, whether it is making flyers, shipping cartons, or It is a book magazine that requires a lot of prints, and many printing companies are concentrated in the Zhonghe Industrial Zone. So we fixed our study target to our hometown - Zhonghe.
2. Summary of Our Project
Zhonghe District, New Taipei City, with convenient transportation, has many industrial zones. From the early living Industry (textile industry, food processing industry), the factories open along Zhongshan Road and Liancheng Road, and adjacent Banqiao and Tucheng Industrial Zones. They are connected in series to form an important industrial town around Taipei. Instead, the industrial estates and many high-tech electronics, computers, and software design businesses came. Among them, the printing industry located around Lide Street, Zhongshan Road and Bannan Road caught our attentions. In the printing related industry, there are many related companies and factories in Zhonghe. From around Lide Street, you can see factories with shape-cutting, embossing, coating (others like hot stamping, paper folding, page distributing, stitching, envelope, saddle stitching, information printing, paper making, binding, box gluing). These companies choose to stay in Zhonghe, becoming a feature of Zhonge. This is why we want to explore the topic of 'Zhonghe printing industry'. Find out why the printing industry is focus in this area, and learn about the uniqueness of the industry through the process of interviews. In addition, when we sorting out the materials, we found that Erbazhang industrial zones are located near the junction of Zhonghe and Banqiao, and there are two major roads, Zhongshan Road and Zhongzheng Road. Although the more famous factories are MSI and other electronics industries, but if you look from the amount, there are more than 700 printing and copying industries, accounting for 20.44% of the total industrial area. Therefore, members of Cyber Fair team went back to ask students or relatives to know that there are so many people engaged in this industry.
3. Our Computer and Internet Access
A. Percentage of students using the Internet at home:more than 50%
B. Number of workstations with Internet access in the classroom:more than 6
C. Connection speed used in the classroom:dedicated connection
D. Number of years our classroom has been connected to the Internet:more than 6
E. Additional comments concerning your computer and/or Internet access (Optional):
Our internet environment: Our school uses educational network, with a bandwidth of up to 100M, allowing us to learn and use in the computer classroom. There are 2 computer classrooms, a total of 60 computers can use the Internet at any time, and we have 10 people, so there is no problem in using the Internet. Although the system we used is the Ubuntu system, it has no effect in the process of finding information and doing homework.
4. Problems We Had To Overcome
1. The problem of time coordination Due to the late decision to register for the Cyber Fair, the production process is relatively rush. We use a lot of morning recess time and lunch breaks to practice. In November and December of the year 105, we went out to visit the printing company almost every two weeks. Sometimes it was too late for lunch. We also use weekend time to go to school to make posters and PPT. Some students do not have time to participate because they need to practice for the club or participate in competitions. But we use cloud drive to collect information and complete it in time. Interviewing is a special technique that we’re not familiar with, even afraid of it; but after the teacher's guidance and we make sure we all know the courtesy, we set out to visit the librarian. Although sometimes we did not interview very well, the uncles and aunts who were interviewed by us were eager to explain to us, so that we still learned a lot. The questions related to the interview, and the noise we heard inside the printing factory, sometimes make it hard for us to hear clearly, even the recording pen can't record clearly. We have to rely on everybody’s notes to restore the introduction of the day. Complicated Work Content Teacher gathered is to explain for the first time and told us that Cyber Fair just like a research report. We didn’t know it’s so complicated to collect data, integrate, create web pages, interviews, and advice. However, teacher used Google Sheets to tribute our jobs, and also check the progress. Despite it’s complicated in the process of writing articles, we complete the website in the end.
5. Our Project Sound Bite
The activity reflection: From the end of October, year 2016, until mid-February year 2007, in the four months across the year, we know Zhonghe District of New Taipei City, the characteristic industry of our hometown - printing industry. For the first time, we heard twenty-eight Zhang industrial zones. For the first time, we learned that more than 700 printing-related industries have taken root in here. Visiting three different types of printing companies, observing the functions of different machines in person, learning about the good parts and bad parts of the industry from the interviewees, and finally even sharing the knowledge of printing in the school... these are very different experiences.
6. How did your activities and research for this CyberFair Project support standards, required coursework and curriculum standards?
1. Language aspect: write activity plan, interview skills, and interview records, train the ability to interact with people. 2. Integrated aspect: Integrate interviews, online and written materials, understand how social resources are obtained, implement courtesy, and achieve teamwork and cooperation. 3. Art and Humanities aspect: Learn about the practice and application of art when visiting a printing house. 4. Social aspect: From the research process, it is found that the printing factory has a very important function for the spread of social education. 5. Information aspect: use information equipment to digitalize results, use graphic software to create a mental map, and integrate the data to complete the webpage.