1. Description of Our Community
District is situated in the southern part of Taipei City, with Xindian, Yonghe and Zhonghe on its left and Shenkeng on its right. During the reign of Qianlong in the Qing Dynasty, the ancient residents started to reclaim the wasteland along Jingmei River. Towns were then populated in the years of Emperors of Jiaqing and Daoguang. Because Wenshan District is a basin surrounded on three sides by mountains on the sides and the climate is moderate and moist, the inhabitants run their tea plantations on the hills. They mainly produce Tieguanyin originating in Anxi County, Fujian Province. Thanks to the similar climate, Tieguanyin was imported to Wenshan District. They also grow green bamboo shoots. Wenshan tourism tea plantations are largely located on the hills of Zhi Nan Village and Maokong. Operated by tea farmers, farmers associations and the government, tea culture and business thrive in Wenshan District.
2. Summary of Our Project
People associate Mucha with its famous tea, such as Pouchong, Tieguanyin etc. With our project, we are going to launch a website introducing the features of Mucha tea. When appreciating tea, it’s important to know more about tea --- how tea farmers make tea, the culture and history of tea goes, and how successful tea business is through promotion and education.
3. Our Computer and Internet Access
A. Percentage of students using the Internet at home:more than 50%
B. Number of workstations with Internet access in the classroom:more than 6
C. Connection speed used in the classroom:not sure
D. Number of years our classroom has been connected to the Internet:more than 6
4. Problems We Had To Overcome
5. Problems We Had To Overcome (1)Time management Due to lack of time, it was hard to meet teachers’ demand in a short time. Because we wished to conduct a project up to par, it was necessary to spend our spare time to discuss the project. After involved in conducting our research project, we have made great progress. (2)Problems facing In the process of making web pages, we found out that it was easy for us to avoid our problems and difficulties. However, everyone in the team should help each other to overcome problems and difficulties we encountered. Then, we could grow up together and be more responsible.
5. Our Project Sound Bite
When working on the research project, I had a better understanding of teas in Muzha, Wenshan and also benefited greatly from those activities. For example, we visited Muzha Farmers’ Association, attended the speech of Nangang Tea Mountain Autumn Joy Festival, and experienced tea-picking in Dexing Tea Garden, TDH, and tea ceremony curriculum of Wanhua Tzuchi Jingsi Hall. We learned a lot about tea. Every member used his or her strength to work for the team from data collection, interview, and web page designing. Everyone made every effort to complete his or her work. Thank you, teachers, for all your hard work and dedication.
6. How did your activities and research for this CyberFair Project support standards, required coursework and curriculum standards?
The combination of education and technology makes learning more varied and lively. With Internet, we could search tea-related information and then we could visit tea gardens and tea houses. In addition, it is rather convenient to record the activities, and the process of learning. Through our website, Wenshan’s tea is presented and promoted.