1. Description of Our Community
Neimen used to be called Luohan-men or Luohan Wen. 'Neiwen' is the rectification of name for the local people, which means 'refined scholars are full inside'. Indeed, quite a lot of well-known officials and scholars came from here,and correspondent to the old saying. There is one poem in Ching Dynasty, called 'pass the mountains of Luohanmen', after reading the poem..
We could tell that Neimen was so important in the past and is also famous for the dead dry land, Marshal Jhu Yi-Guei, folk costumes such as Song-Jiang Jhen Battle Array, Taste of Taiwan: Zhong-Po-Shai(master chef) as well as many legends.
2. Summary of Our Project
In the topic, community beekeepers are invited to work with school teachers and students and Learn together with students about local industries. Students interact with beekeepers to understand the development and characteristics of the beekeeping industry. They also understand the relationship between bees and the natural environment. We would like to use this topic to conduct research on local special industries. Students are enabled to acquire knowledge of local industries while visiting community beekeepers. More important is the establishment of local identity from the research process.
3. Our Computer and Internet Access
A. Percentage of students using the Internet at home:21-50%
B. Number of workstations with Internet access in the classroom:2-3
C. Connection speed used in the classroom:dedicated connection
D. Number of years our classroom has been connected to the Internet:4-6
4. Problems We Had To Overcome
1. Time pressure: We have many activities at school and for joining this project, we used the break time to surf the net and looked for more detail in the library and also to share, discuss, upload, have meeting, assign the jobs, contact the interviewees and interview. Furthermore, we needed to arrange the pictures and notes we had, correct the documents as well as making the website. 2. Experience and tacit understanding: Although last year we had participated in an experience without winning a prize, we make persistent efforts this year. We had conquered all the difficulties with teacher’s experience, learnt knowledge and tacit understanding in between us as well as the determination we had made to do this project. 3. Lack of professional knowledge: Because of our limited knowledge, we still needed more detail through internet. Therefore, we asked our teachers and also interviewed a few great beekeepers in Neimen Township for getting better and clearer ideas. 4. Contact and interview: To have a better idea of the project, we were zealous for contacting each beekeeper by phone. Because of the busy schedule, most of the interviewees couldn’t promise. 5. For the website making: We did spend a lot of time deciding the structure and toolbar for a better link and interface. We discussed each question, tested every color on words, designed different kinds of bottoms and backgrounds etc…. We went through many problems especially using the software. Thanks for teacher’s help and finally we did get it done and had an outstanding website.
5. Our Project Sound Bite
We would like to use this topic to conduct research on local special industries. Students are enabled to acquire knowledge of local industries while visiting community beekeepers. We share the result of our research with our fellow students and let more students understand the hard-working faces of beekeeping. More important is the establishment of local identity from the research process.
6. How did your activities and research for this CyberFair Project support standards, required coursework and curriculum standards?
We invite community beekeepers to work with our school teachers and students to learn about local industries with their students. Let students walk into the community and understand the development and characteristics of beekeeping industry from the interactions with beekeepers to understand the relationship between the bee and the natural environment UEL:http://nas.jyi.ks.edu.tw/The%20Tsais%E2%80%99%20Honey%20in%20Neimen/favorite.html We would like to use this topic to conduct research on local special industries. Enable students to acquire knowledge of local industries while visiting local community beekeepers. More important is the establishment of local identity from the research process