Leopard Cat- the Research of Leopard cats in Bagua mountain
Category: 7. Environmental Awareness
School: Wun De Elemantary School
Changhua, Changhua, Taiwan
8 students, ages 11-12 worked together to complete this CyberFair project on March 5, 2018.
They have participated in CyberFair in the following year(s): 2014,2015,2016,2017
Classes and Teachers: Li Chengying ,Lin Hongjian,Zhang Ruoying,Xu Zhi Jun, Wu Ang Cheng ,Zhuang Yuxiang ,Huang Yuzhe ,Xu Shengjie ,Xu Yugen ,Xu Yu Jie ,Xu Yanwei
Our School's Web Site:
1. Description of Our Community
Fenghua Township, Changhua County is the place where rice, pineapple and rice noodles are produced. Agriculture is the main local specialty. People are honest and simple. People come to Fenyuan Township and are attracted by the thick human touch. Because of the news that Fengying Leopard cat was killed and killed, prompting us to particularly want to know whether there is a Leopard cat in the Bagua Mountains. Through our research, we hope that more people will understand this kind of conservation animals like Leopard cat, At the same time also allow more people to attach importance to ecological conservation and understanding of the beauty of our homes Fen Park.
2. Summary of Our Project
We are in Wende, for their own discussion of the place, it is necessary to spend more time, but also by our exploration of Fengyuan Township, Finney Park Stone Tiger to investigate so that more people To understand the importance of conservation Leopard cat. We formed a team of 'Leopard catr team' under the leadership of the teacher, we proceed toward the following points:
(1) collect relevant information from the Internet and books.
(2) Field visits and investigations.
(3) Organize and research materials, and write research conclusions, suggestions and experiences.
(4) production of web pages render the results.
(5) let more people know about our research results.
3. Our Computer and Internet Access
A. Percentage of students using the Internet at home:more than 50%
B. Number of workstations with Internet access in the classroom:1
C. Connection speed used in the classroom:dedicated connection
D. Number of years our classroom has been connected to the Internet:1
4. Problems We Had To Overcome
(1) The manufacture homepage is difficult: limited to the age and experience, we manufacture the homepage comparison to have the difficulty, how our major part is also studying designs the homepage. Moreover the overall homepage's part, invited the teacher guide and helps.
(2) After having has not contacted the new knowledge: we have launched the research, the discovery to have many knowledge is we have not contacted, we use the material reading and adviser's consultation and everybody discussion overcome together. (3) Some member places do not coordinate: we use the division of labor and cooperation easily in the part of reorganization and visit of material the way, but in process of research work, because individual specialty and time factor, have ability training and other factors, will encounters the situation that the barrier is unable to coordinate, we under teacher's instruction and coordination, slowly overcome this question.
(4) The interview time needs coordination in every way: in interview's object, needs to coordinate besides the time of member, the place public figure who accepts the visit must agree on the time that both sides can accept to carry on smoothly, because of us can only in usually at noon midday rest's time, therefore, this must undergo the relation coordinated. Moreover inquires on the spot is also same, can only use during winter vacation, the time that agrees on carries on, therefore we specially coordinated good.
(5) The member is young: Our average ages in 11 to 12 years old, therefore we have the multi-ability part to be more insufficient, need many studies.
5. Our Project Sound Bite
Pay our efforts, for the solution and a promotion completely mental effort of society side environment issue.
6. How did your activities and research for this CyberFair Project support standards, required coursework and curriculum standards?
By fundamental concept that a nowadays nine years consistent curriculum executes, must train the student to have a person of this mood, to make uniform ability, native soil and international consciousness, as well as can carry on lifelong the study the perfect national, but the research subject that we select, is suiting the local environment subject, may lead the student to have the native mood, and has the globalization international outlook, furthermore nine years consistent curriculum reform must lead the school to face the multiplex development by the design of school standard curriculum, therefore carries on because of this special study, may lead the school standard to develop then thoroughly inquired into for the hometown place environment issue that lets our hometown be able from the network middle walks. We by advance of this special study, participate, study on the spot, let us in the process of research, learn the much knowledge and customs results in the skill. Participates in the research project from the student in process, our entire school and community moved, except for giving hardware beside assists to support, unified our school standard characteristic development and deepens to understand our community; In process that in the entire plan is conducted, we study the person team's spirit, to observe the record, to interview and treat people with the skill and itinerary that plan and training train of thought the human communicates to handle matters…Waits for very many skills, certainly, most important is also the information accomplishment ability, this is a very rare experience. The education is develops the student potential, to raise the student adaptation and improvement living conditions course, is leading.
1) What information tools & technologies did you used to complete your CyberFair project?
Under the trend of digital technology today, our 'thematic research' is expected to enable students to use IT products, such as the use of digital sound recordings when conducting interviews, the use of digital cameras, And the Internet for data collection. In addition, telephone contact visits, television programs, books, newspapers and magazines, the use of scanning images, text editing, etc., so that students benefit a lot. Introduction to the equipment we use:
Hardware equipment: computers in our computer classroom, teacher, classmates in their personal computer, notebook, digital cameras, tape recorders, voice recorder, scanner, printer.
Computer software: Dreamweaver, Frontpage, Namo web editing, Photoimpact image processing, Microsoft Word text editing, send and receive letters, Internet Explorer web browsing, ACDSee image browsing, CuteFtp transmission data.
Internet: Web and Ftp Server, Fiber Broadband, Internet Hard Drive, Email, Message Board.
2) In what ways did you act as "ambassadors" and spokespersons for your CyberFair project both on-line and in person.
In this special study, we need to understand the local community organizations of the Taiwan Guide Dog Association, so most of us have access to research materials in a field visit. Through our field visits, we have learned a lot. Because of the fact that we visited a lot of places in the process of field visits, those who were aware of the efforts we were doing and the significance of the study, so that we could pass on our ideas, and we would also like to The study works on the website, provide the school as a local textbook, and let all people share our learning results through the web, know what we are planning and provide valuable advice.
3) What has been the impact of your project on your community?
Through the resources of the Internet, so that more people understand and care for local culture, but also to show the school to promote information education spared no effort. In the nine years of basic ideas, we have been emphasizing the school standard, cultivate local feelings, and through this research, activities, we are almost full of Finland Township go through! The work of education requires bit by bit to practice, to promote, slang words: 'people are doing, people are watching', believe that we pay, you can get closer to the distance between the communities.
4) How did your project involve other members of your community as helpers and volunteers?
Our team in addition to their own resources, finishing resources, we spent a lot of time to carry out field observation part, in the field observation, we encountered a lot of people may be unknown in their own jobs, but also because they Of the pay, the so-called career without distinction, the line out of the champion, because of their enthusiastic assistance, we can understand more, we are very grateful to those who participate in helping those elders!
On the other hand, we have to cultivate a good attitude and skills, so we have a lot of pains in the training of interviews, such as courtesy training, ritual training, Q & A skills, etc. Good side, show to each other, this is also a courtesy. Because our members are younger, we are grateful to the parents of our school to provide our assistance at the time of the study, such as the transfer at the time of the visit. And the village head also raised the purpose of our study through the community development meeting and provided our assistance. Moreover, thanks to all those who accepted our visit, their enthusiastic hospitality made us extremely grateful.
View our CyberFair Project
(Project ID: 8406)