1) What information tools & technologies did you used to complete your CyberFair project?
What we use to complete our CyberFair project are listed as below: 1.Recorder pen:Recording the interview 2.Internet:searching for relevant data, email delivery, and transmission of files. 3.Digital camera:Taking photos at the scenes of a variety of activities 4.Digital camcorder:Presentation making in each class, barrier passing activity, and Global Day. 5.Printers, poster machines Printing of data, large posters, Luzhou Cup questionnaire, Luzhou Cup store map. 6.Internet & EMAIL:Search for information, communicate, and hand in the interview records. 7.USB Drive:Storage of the data related to the CyberFair project. 8.Computer software:Dreamweaver - production of web pages, Photocap - image processing, Inkscape - vector drawing, Microsoft Word - data log and typewriting, Microsoft PowerPoint - make the presentation, Google Drive - store data
2) In what ways did you act as "ambassadors" and spokespersons for your CyberFair project both on-line and in person.
In order to let everyone know Luzhou City Cleaning Squad and promote the Luzhou Cup designed by us, we plan a lot of advocacy activities and look forward to making our teachers and students understand our requirements in a lively and diversified manner. We have the following specific practices: (1) Announcers Using the 'Sound of Lu Jiang' radio drama of the Academic Affairs Office, we introduce the work of Luzhou City Cleaning Squad's seven teams in a comic show style to all teachers and students of the school. (2) Poster campaign in classrooms Our classmates design a variety of ingenious poster and visit every classroom to promote the environmental protection concept of Luzhou Cup during morning self-study and extracurricular time. We also encourage everyone to actively participate in the “Call for Cup and Badge Design” activity. (3) Record Global Day video We recorded the Global Day video in English with foreign teachers, which was produced in the form of drama and dialogue, and it introduced the work contents of the Luzhou City Cleaning Squad's 7 teams in lively and interesting words. (4) Promotion of the Luzhou Cup project In order to promote Luzhou Cup, we personally visited neighboring stores around the school and invited them to join us. We look forward to making our community be a better place through the promotion of the Luzhou Cup.
(5) Barrier passing activity In order to make students appreciate the work of Luzhou City Cleaning Squad, we planned four Barrier Passing activities, namely 'Shura Shadowless Hands', 'Wisdom of Three Eyes', 'Descendants of Giants' and 'I am Hercules'.
(6) The Achievements Presentation of Associations of our school At the end of every semester, the school will organize achievement presentation of associations. Our Cyberafir project team also takes this opportunity to apply for a booth to promote the knowledge we have learned and lead the students to hold a series of related activities.
3) What has been the impact of your project on your community?
(1) Impact on us:The Cyberfair project is a new learning experience for us. The output of all knowledge comes from the actual collection, interview, investigation and propaganda with our own power. During this period, we learn to plan activities with our counterparts, design the contents of the questionnaire, interview persons outside the school, and sort out the collected information. These capabilities will certainly be of great help to our future development. In addition, during our interviews, we come to understand the work of Luzhou City Cleaning Squad and then we feel their sacrifice and dedication for Luzhou. We will do our part in the future and strive to implement environmental protection, so as to jointly guard our hometown with the cleaning crew. (2) Impact on the local:Through this Cyberfair project, we hope to attract more people to pay close attention to the work of the cleaning squad, respect those unsung heroes working hard for the neatness and tidiness of our environment, reflect their inappropriate behavior in the past, such as laziness, waste and lacking civic virtue, etc., and then cultivate the concept of environmental protection everyone of all people in everyday life. We design Luzhou Cup and invite neighboring stores to join us. We hope that with the promotion of this eco-friendly Cup activity, everyone can reduce the use of disposable drink cups and make our community environment better. We hope that our web pages made with great efforts can awaken everyone's awareness of environmental protection so that more people will pay attention to the environment around them and everyone can work together to create a better living environment.
4) How did your project involve other members of your community as helpers and volunteers?
(1) Thanks to the team leader Mr. Ping-yen Tsai, sub-team leaders and the cleaning crew of the seven teams in the Luzhou City Cleaning Squad. They sacrifice their vacation on Wednesday for many times in order to cooperate with our interviews and they provide a lot of precious first-hand data.(2) Thanks to Ms. Jia-wei Huang of Luzhou City Cleaning Squad for arranging various trivial matters for us, such as interviews and experiences, as well as providing us with many precious data.(3) Thanks to the breakfast and beverage store owners near Lu Jiang Elementary School for their support to the Luzhou Cup project and giving us many valuable suggestions.(? )?????????????????????????,?????????????? (4) Thanks to Teacher Ta-chien Chang, Feng-yu Cheng for their efforts in the Cyberafir project, which makes students can participate in various activities. (5) Thanks to Principal Chun-sheng Chen of Lu Jiang Elementary School for his support and encouragement of this research, Director Li-chen Lu, Supervisor Ming-gui Tsai and other teachers for their help to deal with many administrative affairs, solve with the information problems and give a lot of substantive guidance. We also thank all the teachers and students of Lu Jiang Elementary School and the administrative team for their support and assistance to all our activities.
5) Discoveries, Lessons and Surprises (Optional)
(1) Our biggest discovery: Luzhou has received many environmental awards, and the streets in Luzhou are neatly cleaned than the neighboring Sanchong and Wugu because there is a group of quality cleaning crew in Luzhou. Under the leadership of Mr. Ping-yen Tsai, they have demonstrated their teamwork spirit and have effectively transformed Luzhou into a better living environment. What the cleaning crew does is to deal with the disgusting waste that everybody detests, and their works are hard-working and dangerous. However, some people look down upon their work and think they are dirty or even smelly and make them sad. However, as long as people’s quality is improved, they can really make environmental protection and express their thanks to them, the cleaning crew will do their utmost to maintain the clean and tidy environment. (2) Our biggest lesson:In the past, we sometimes made some rubbish inadvertently, and we did not really implement the rubbish sorting because of being lazy, and we always thought that would not matter. They don’t know that those small moves will not only increase a lot of burden to the cleaning crew, but also bring more trouble to them and undermine our environment. If everyone is willing to spend a little more time in classifying the trash first at home, cleaning the recyclable materials, throwing the trash into waste containers, not spitting areca nut casually, etc.(3) Our biggest surprise:At first, we think due to the work of the cleaning squad is so hard and often not respected by the people, they may often complain and surely dislike this kind of work. However, after many interviews, we find out that they are all optimistic about their work. Therefore, even if they are tired of work, people's small actions, such as the simple words of saying 'Thank you' or “Thanks for your hard work', will make them feel relieved and provide them with greater motivation to complete the task of maintaining clean and tidy environment.