1) What information tools & technologies did you used to complete your CyberFair project?
Information tools: Hardware:Notebook,Desk-top computer,DV?Digital recording pen,Digital Camers,Projector,Scanner. Software: Dreamweaver(Edit webpage),PhotoImpactX3(Image processing),PhotoCap 6(Image processing),Office software(Collect and analysis data),FileZila(Up load files). The most helpful technology is Google Drive .We can establish the data conveniently and understand each other’s completion progress and data contents through sharing and teachers can reply to us immediately to help us solve the problems.
2) In what ways did you act as "ambassadors" and spokespersons for your CyberFair project both on-line and in person.
After drawing out the research theme, we began to seek for the communication channels. First of all, we consulted to the class tutor of the old graduate to ask for the parents’ contact information and used communication software and telephone to contact with the person in charge of Tung Chung Aquatic Products; then we described the sketchy Cyberfair project outline and finalized the interview time and activity procedure with the consent from Mr. Hsiao. During the process of this activity, all the team members participate in each interview and discussion, which also needs team members’ cooperation and recognition. No matter why we join the Cyberfair project team in the beginning, we felt curious and at a loss at the very start and the work distribution after the confirmation of theme enabled us to realize the enormous pressure of responsibility system. Under the guidance of our teachers, we firstly know the main points of division of labor and the work is distributed according to everyone’s expertise so as to make the effective use of time and not to consumer manpower. In the weekly discussion report, everyone must put forward their periodical afterthoughts and agree with others’ reports or ask the questions, expecting that everyone can fully express their opinions and gain the feedback. We sacrificed the rest time and faced the time pressure to complete the manuscript and behind schedule. In this case, some students produced the friction and conceived the idea of quitting the project. Under the encouragement of teachers, team members encourage and concern each other and they reflect on the purpose of making Cyberfair project. After clarifying the ownership of learning responsibility, the team members support and help each other to establish the new consensus of life community. Complete description: http://librarywork.taiwanschoolnet.org/gsh2018/gsh8382/nar3.html
3) What has been the impact of your project on your community?
“Food is the necessity of the human”. The learning topic closest to the life is our surrounding environment and the diet we live by. 12-year Compulsory Education emphasizes the teaching spirit and inspires us to understand the importance of our surrounding environment, environment and food pollution problems as well as the threat of food crisis. We hope to pay attention to the enterprise development and organization in the place where we grow up through this Cyberfair project and make the webpage according to the project contents. Thus, we can not only come to know the organizational operation and growth process of the local enterprises but also have a deeper understanding of “food safety education”, so that “food safety education” can take root in people’s heart and we can care for the association between land, crops and humans and build the favorable environment of ecological symbiosis. We have understood the basic concepts and planting pattern of aquaponics in Cyberfair project. This learning activity has made us understand that people need to consume lots of time and mental and physical efforts to concurrently raise fish and grow vegetables well, so as to overcome the problems of this agricultural production technology like manpower management and control and the choice of filter medium. At the same time, we have also realized the responsible person -- Mr. Hsiao’s arduous entrepreneurial process, the breakthrough in enterprise development, his dedication to solving various problems, his enthusiasm for aquaponics, earnest input and patient sharing. Thus, we can not only learn the relevant knowledge but also learn Mr. Hsiao’s fearless, brave and innovative spirit. Complete description: http://librarywork.taiwanschoolnet.org/gsh2018/gsh8382/nar3.html
4) How did your project involve other members of your community as helpers and volunteers?
The “meaningful learning” is neither limited to school nor restricted to classroom and textbooks. In November, our school invited the makerbase of Chung-Chang-Tou of Ministry of Labor to open the course on aquaponics in the school. We'd like to thank the volunteers guides there , who help us a lot. This simple experience activity work has given rise to our reflection and idea to a higher level: how to establish a perfect ecological cycle system in such a small space? By chance, we get to know that the parents of an old graduate are engaged in relevant industrial activities. So, we have the idea to explore the secrets behind aquaponics. Thus, a group of like-minded students throws themselves into the writing and research of this project.
5) Discoveries, Lessons and Surprises (Optional)
(1) Discoveries: In order to complete an activity, it needs the division of labor and teamwork as well as the continuous and enthusiastic support. No matter whether it is the enterprise development or this Cyberfair project, everyone plays an important role in the work, which relies on everyone’s selfless giving and their mutual encouragement. (2) Lessons: The group activities rely on the participation in the spirit of team. At the very start, the friction between each other is unavoidable. For instance, team members may grumbles for the unequal distribution of work or team members cannot complete the work they are responsible for in the due time to delay the overall progress. If they censure and complain each other instead of understanding each other, the team atmosphere will become worse to cause the team division and misunderstanding. Thus, the work cannot be promoted. Under the teacher’s enlightenment and students’ honest communication, we have learned to respect the teammates, observe and adopt others’ opinions and give partners encouragement and care. It makes us have the great sense of achievement to jointly complete a major job.
(3) Surprises: Tung Chung is the small-scale enterprise, but its leader obtains the recognition and support from the family members through constant thinking, exploration and innovation, so that this company will make continuous progress and seek for the development in other fields on the basis of the existing products to combine the topic of environmental protection and create the win-win situation. We have not only seen the great vitality of Taiwan’s local enterprises but also learned the profound truth: “By innovating little by little, you will lead the way; by doing little by little, you will harvest a lot; by advancing little by little, you will go towards success”. Complete description: http://librarywork.taiwanschoolnet.org/gsh2018/gsh8382/nar3.html