1. Description of Our Community
Changhua County is located in the central part of Taiwan Island, east of the Bagua Mountains and Nantou County border, the west side of the Taiwan Strait, the south with voiced Water Creek and Yunlin as the boundary, North to Big Belly Creek and Taichung City for the world. Changhua County terrain on the main plains, the north belongs to the Changhua Plain, the south is voiced Water Creek fan-shaped plains. Taiwan's high-speed rail north to the south, after Changhua through the Bagua Mountain, in Tanaka town to the west, after Creek State Township, Pitou Township, Zhutang After Township to the south voiced Water Creek into Yunlin County. These towns belong to the voiced Water Creek fan-shaped plain geology and the area with serious subsidence.
2. Summary of Our Project
The 'Golden Corridor Project' is a government-driven scheme which is mainly intended to alleviate the short operating life of the high-speed railway due to subsidence. In these severe subsidence areas, most of them are agricultural regions. In recent years, because of the influence of extreme climate, it is becoming more and more serious for farmers to exceed pumping groundwater. In order to solve the problem, the government put forward the Golden Corridor plan. Farmers in Taiwan are mostly small farmers, and it is very difficult for them to increase costs or change their farming practices. In this scheme, subsidies and educational training are provided to allow farmers to change their farming methods more water-saving or to plant dry field crops to achieve the purpose of reducing groundwater. Our 'Minglun team', through data collection, analysis, interviews, implementation, and so on, let everyone know the progress of the project, and also learn more High-tech agricultural irrigation technology. Let us also understand the current operation of the high-speed railway.
3. Our Computer and Internet Access
A. Percentage of students using the Internet at home:more than 50%
B. Number of workstations with Internet access in the classroom:more than 6
C. Connection speed used in the classroom:dedicated connection
D. Number of years our classroom has been connected to the Internet:more than 6
E. Additional comments concerning your computer and/or Internet access (Optional):
The school's network is 100MB fiber-optic network connectivity Changhua County Education Network Center, while the teachers and students in the home network is mostly cable TV broadband, ADSL or 10MB fiber network.
4. Problems We Had To Overcome
Difficulties (i), Time is pressing: The way to overcome it: when we first discuss the topic and study the architecture, we start by roughly prioritizing and estimating the work content and timetable. In addition, the teachers will use the Thursday afternoon time to discuss the content and progress of each week's work.
Difficulties (ii), visits and coordination: Way to overcome: we visit the agricultural improvement field through the introduction of parents.
Difficulties (iii), time deployment is not easy: Overcome the method: We selected can avoid all the community time of the Thursday lunch break, as a fixed party time, and other temporary party activities, we try to participate in, no way to participate in the people, please have to participate in the students to help convey the relevant matters.
5. Our Project Sound Bite
We have decided the subject after many discussions. We all have the opportunity to take the high speed rail, but the safety of driving is something we pay attention to. Through this event, we will understand how the Golden Corridor Project can maintain the safety of high-speed rail and let us learn ways to upgrade agricultural production technology. We visited a few farmers and actually understood the program's help to them, and we were actually able to understand and operate water-saving irrigation systems and equipment, hoping that we could get the knowledge we have learned through the website to help more farmers in need.
6. How did your activities and research for this CyberFair Project support standards, required coursework and curriculum standards?
1. Communication skills: When we need to visit. We tell respondents who we are, what we are interviewing for, and what we are talking about, which is particularly important. We also coordinate the convenience of the respondents to ensure a smooth interview. 2. Writing skills: We have to find data on the 'Golden Corridor Plan' on the web, and the data and photos we visit, it is very difficult to edit and present on the website. But also a very good training. 3. Teamwork: In the process of our projects, because of the large number of data collection and editing, we must assign each person responsible for the work to complete the task. In this process we learn how to get along with people and how to coordinate work so that everyone's abilities are fully realized.