1. Description of Our Community
1. Description of our community Sanyi Township The old name of 'trigeminal' is a township Miaoli County, located in the southern tip of Miaoli County. Domestic wood carving industry developed, so there is 'Taiwan carved kingdom' of the nickname. In addition, Sanyi is also one of the major Hakka settlements in Taiwan. The territory's Hakka population ranks the majority of ethnic groups (about 90%) with Hakka as its main dialect. It is a four-county cluster with Hakka culture as its theme industry. Apart from woodcarving and Hakka culture, a number of railroad tracks centered on Sheng Hsing Station are still left in the township due to the crossing of the Shatin Old Mountain Line of Sanyi Township. Therefore, a railway-themed tourist trend has been gradually developed.
2. Summary of Our Project
Our project summary Though Sanyi has the reputation of the Kingdom of Taiwan carving wood, the carving industry of Sanyi is the same as that of other traditional industries in Taiwan. In these 10 years, because of the change of the industrial structure, it is facing the dilemma of talent shortage. However, in Sanyi Woodcarving Museum, actively promote the official Canadian industry and civil cooperation, annual resolution of the International Woodcarving Competition. Undertaking wooden summer camp learning, only to attract students to art colleges and universities to come to learn with local masters, indirectly replaced the traditional wood carving teacher three years and four months of academic life began to be more years by the investment into the industry to inject new blood. Su love wood carving students boredom composed of a team, hope that by the power of website articles, lead readers to appreciate the beauty of wood carvings, understand the origins of wood carvings, but also to experience a piece of bright and beautiful work summer, the hard work of the teacher
3. Our Computer and Internet Access
A. Percentage of students using the Internet at home:none
B. Number of workstations with Internet access in the classroom:none
C. Connection speed used in the classroom:dial-up modem
D. Number of years our classroom has been connected to the Internet:1
4. Problems We Had To Overcome
We must overcome the problem This is the first time we participated in the production of web pages based on the teachers' suggestions. At that time, the website was a bit strange to us and it made us feel very happy and contradictory. However, we as a pedestrian believe that 'everything in the world is a problem that can be solved.' With the guidance and guidance of the teacher, we began to bravely try with keen interest and modesty. Our two months of hard work paid off and we finally succeeded. Although our website is not satisfactory, we have a sense of accomplishment. Through this activity, we not only improve our social skills, but also learn what we can not get in class. In addition, we also recognize the importance of working together during the talks, searching for information and designing web pages online.
5. Our Project Sound Bite
Our project sounds bites During the research, we got the support of school teachers, especially the Sanyi Woodcarving Museum, so as to ensure the success of our research. In two months, we experienced more happiness than difficulties. We are really happy to let them know their thoughts and stories. Through our activities, we not only learned how to take and process pictures, how to operate the computer, how to design and produce web pages, and to interview, but also to learn how to be strong and brave, and to improve our social practical ability and collaboration ability.
6. How did your activities and research for this CyberFair Project support standards, required coursework and curriculum standards?
Our report covers the production of woodcarving and the history of the carpenters who have been carving wood for years. Our report was compiled by teachers and students from Holy Savior High School and presented in the most concise and perfect way We learned how to make web pages and the importance of group cooperation