1. Description of Our Community
Lukang Old Street is located on No.3, Putou St., Lukang Township, Changhua County,Taiwan. In recent years, the tourism industry has risen, so many stores sell handicraft. There are expanded business area and extended chain stores, so its traditional culture has gradually been buried. Hundred-year-old prosperous Lukang Old Street was not prosperous through business opportunities but by the preservation of traditional culture to attract tourists who have held busy lives.
2. Summary of Our Project
Yaolin Street, Lukang Township, Changhua County,Taiwan; hundred-year-old prosperous Lukang Old Street. We hope tourists or local people visit here not just for buying snacks, but they can pay attention to each inheritance, cherish the memory of ancients, and appreciate their wisdom. We introduce the beauty of Lukang in daytime and at night, there are many experts hiding in Old Street, there are differences between ancient and modern snacks, and there are many people who quietly contribute to Lukang.
3. Our Computer and Internet Access
A. Percentage of students using the Internet at home:more than 50%
B. Number of workstations with Internet access in the classroom:more than 6
C. Connection speed used in the classroom:not sure
D. Number of years our classroom has been connected to the Internet:more than 6
E. Additional comments concerning your computer and/or Internet access (Optional):
We majorly used the academic internet at school. The school provided computer classrooms for us to work together. The connection was pretty smooth and had no jams. We used phone dialing or ADSL at home separately to connect to Google Sites to work on the project.Google drive is the most useful technology for us to organize our data and the desktops is the main device for us to collect and deal with the data we collected, make webpages and upload photos.
4. Problems We Had To Overcome
Connecting the subject: When we were writing the articles, we directly wrote down the ideas in our mind without thinking, and did not know that our writing diverged from our subject. Among the outline, the most serious one was “Witness the mark of Lukang reformation“. We continued to try different tasks without certain direction. Overcome the Problem: In order to solve this difficulty, we edited the outline again, and added a tourism element. We did not only introduce inheritances, but we also made the article more lifelike by using many lively words, and increasing the article fluency.
5. Our Project Sound Bite
During the Cyberfair project period,what we learned most was writing, since it challenged our logic, and the fluency of utilizing language. We were so inexperienced that we always had many misspellings, so we needed to review our writing after it was done. We always found many missing words and unsmooth context when we reviewed our writing, so our articles needed to be edited again and again.The most laborious ones were not us but the teachers who continued to guide us. Not only did they always care for our writing condition, but also they pointed out the areas that needed to be improved after we visited each site. They helped us improve much. Thank you for all the guidance from the teachers.
6. How did your activities and research for this CyberFair Project support standards, required coursework and curriculum standards?
1. 2.In order to help students and teachers know more about Lukang Old Street, we designed and made exhibition boards to show our work, which is a part of curriculum integration, and displayed them on the day our school celebrated its anniversary. We were the commentators during the exhibition. 3.We learned how to appropriately utilize various software to create and edit artwork, so that the webpage would not appear monotonous. 4.When we first time got together to discuss, we distributed everyone’s work for the interview. When we interviewed a store, we were divided into two teams to proceed on the interviews in different areas separately. We went out together, but everyone’s work was not quite the same. Persons who were talkatine were responsible for interviewing and asking questions. Persons who could write fast were responsible for recording. Some persons took pictures or recorded. We helped one another. 5.In this Cyberfair project, we interviewed Master Shu-chi Hsu and President Hsiu-chuan Wei. Their success taught us that if we insist on our own idea, put in efforts and fortitudinous perseverance, nothing is impossible. Seeking knowledge is an indispensable spirit for a person in whole his/her life. It has been said, “One is never too old to learn”. Everything in our life is worthy of learning. Also, through this research, we learned much knowledge besides textbook. Many other unknown fields worth our entire life to explore. 6.In school’s sport events, we made display board to introduce us to visiting students. We used this experience to test our interviewing skills. We shared the knowledge we learned to our schoolmates, and also asked our classmates and 311 music class students to help answer our questionnaire. We would like to thank all of you for your cooperation and valuable opinions. 7.Students in modern educational system mostly take their classes within classrooms, so their learning is passive, and is separated from outside world. This gives our …