1. Description of Our Community
Homosexuals are everywhere in the world. Besides, “homosexuality” has been a heated issue in the recent years. However, because of the researchers’ limited ability, the subject of the project is focused on the people who live in Taipei. Homosexuals are a group of people who fall in love with the person with the same gender. But, indeed, they are no different from heterosexuals except sex aptitude. It is only because of the different sex aptitude that homosexuals have long been disrespected and not recognized. Even worse, they have long been considered morbid! The project research is expected to share a different perspective on “homosexuality”, with the hope that what the homosexuals do can be justified. We sincerely wish that homosexuals would be treated nicely and equally in our society.
2. Summary of Our Project
Our society is getting more and more diversified. The reason why we choose “homosexuality” to be our project theme is that we want to know more about “the people” who have a very different sex aptitude from us. “When it comes to love, it has nothing to do with age or race, so the gender should not be a problem.” We came across the words and were inspired greatly. It is because that “homosexuality” has long been a taboo in the society since we were young kids. Homosexuals are always excluded from the society, not being respected or accepted. We agree with the words and want to know more about this group of people. In turn, we hope we can help them be accepted more so that they might not be isolated or looked down because of the traditional stereotypes. After all, homosexuals are a part of the society, and everyone in the society should be treated equally and shares the same right. In a diversified society, we should respect people who are somewhat different from us. We hope that we can help homosexuals be better known to the society with this project.
3. Our Computer and Internet Access
A. Percentage of students using the Internet at home:more than 50%
B. Number of workstations with Internet access in the classroom:1
C. Connection speed used in the classroom:dedicated connection
D. Number of years our classroom has been connected to the Internet:more than 6
4. Problems We Had To Overcome
1.Time Accommodation Time is the biggest problem because each of the member has their own acerbity, school club and classes so it’s really hard for us to gather together. 2.Computer Technique Our team members are not familiar with the safe-ware related to website production and animation so all difficult for us. Thanks to our teacher’s help, we’re doing well now.
5. Our Project Sound Bite
We learn how brave those Homosexual struggle for their rights and their strong resolution.The Rainbow Banner is the sign of their strong will. They have been for the right of equality and respect. They’re not afraid of others’ criticism but always be themselves. Few people can do that. In sum, we not only make progress in the computer skills but also realize the importance of being resolute. As we mentioned romantic relations hip be people, there’s no , Right or Wrong, Love explains everything.
6. How did your activities and research for this CyberFair Project support standards, required coursework and curriculum standards?
1.Learning to be responsible We are from two different classes. Each member has their own things to do, so sometimes it’s hard to find time to get together. Through the process of making the project production, we know more about our respective responsibilities, and we have learned to be in union.
2. Information Collection News, movies, songs, magazines, books and articles on the Internet are the sources we collect data. We have tried to find a lot of information, and the purpose is to enrich our project contents.
3. Data Arranged Today, technology is well developed. There is much information on the internet which is relevant to our topic, but information from each member is limited and quite similar. With the advice and guidance of the teacher, we have learned to organize and integrate information. Although it is not a simple thing to streamline a lengthy article, we did learn a lot.
4. Software Applications In the process of making a web page, we have learned to use many software related to web page construction, such as Dream weaver and PhotoImpact & Photoscape, which are used for picture modification and animation. Learning how to use the software lets us have a sense of accomplishment.
5. Interviewing skills Our website project uses 'gay' as the theme. People who are with or against gays are the people we interviewed. Because the topic is quite controversial, we have to pay special attention to our behavior to avoid offending the respondents.
6. Attitude to life After the interview, we heard a lot of gay life stories, which let us know how brave they are. They are courageous to face themselves and the eyes of others. It lets us also understand that what they need is not much. They just want to be treated equally and respected. We did learn a lot from them. With an optimistic attitude in the face of things, they actively fight for their life and future.