1. Description of Our Community
1. Traditional Hakka Villages - Guoling district of Zhongli City is the typical Hakka village, keeping lots of old houses. The representative Hakka villages such as Xu’s old house(189 years)?Liu’s old house(200 years) and Qiu’s ancestral shrine, keeping complete buildings and ancient farm implements, is the traditional Hakka villages. It fills of Hakka cultures and 23 Earth God Temples, providing students and teachers to experience the beauty of cultures?buildings and life styles.
2. The border areas - Guoling district is located on the border areas of Zhongli City, there are Shuanglian Pond?Tongluo Pond near the district. It provides people to explore the eco-village of pond; but due to the defect of the geography, the abundant resources never been exploited.
2. Summary of Our Project
The research is composed of a group of students, who love Bu-Ma dance and participate in the Bu-Ma club. The following are the contents of the research: 1. Discuss the resource of Bu-Ma dance and the development of local Bu-Ma dance. 2. Students realize how to combine Bu-Ma dance with school?community and other activities by interviews. 3. Students participate in the manufacturing of Bu-Ma and take part in school?community and other activities to develop the identification and sense of honor. 4. Analyze the data to realize the problems of students and parents in participating in club activities. Hope all the students can not only realize the Hakka traditional arts but also cultivate the identification to their school and homeland, being an excellent national.
3. Our Computer and Internet Access
A. Percentage of students using the Internet at home:more than 50%
B. Number of workstations with Internet access in the classroom:more than 6
C. Connection speed used in the classroom:dedicated connection
D. Number of years our classroom has been connected to the Internet:more than 6
E. Additional comments concerning your computer and/or Internet access (Optional):
There are two fully-equipped computer classrooms in our school, 100% rate of Internet access. Over 90% rate of Wi-Fi provides fast speed of Internet access. The school is a local area network, connecting Taiwan Academic Network by optical fiber. The computer classrooms open for all the students every day. What’s more, all the graded classrooms supply computers to students and teachers for referring to teaching data. Over 90% Students have home computers, and over 80% students can access to the Internet in their place. Students can use family Internet, and make use of class website and personal blog to convey and arrange learning data.
4. Problems We Had To Overcome
1. Time Operation Students should give consideration to school ?cram schools and other activities, so it’s hard for them to gather to discuss. Besides, the preparing period is in the winter vocation, we often discuss by phone and Internet. 2. Techniques of Interview For elementary school students, it’s hard to do interviews and records. However, our parents practice with us before the interview, and we arrange the record data after the interview, we become more and more confident. 3. Problems of Professional Fields This is our first time to participate in Cyberfair, so we meet lots of problems including web program writing?layout of page?criteria of format and the capacity of pictures. We try to ask classmates and teachers and learn the techniques from doing. 4. Plenty of Works Cyberfair thinks highly of results but also the records of process. As a result, it’s hard from interviews?art designing?record?program writing?editing to the final test. We did not have the same viewpoint even we had finished the first version website, we give it up. However, we learn how to write a schedule? proceed the program according to the schedule and collaborate to reach the goal. What’s more, we write down the meeting record after the discussion which will be the standard of next work.
5. Our Project Sound Bite
The course of true love never did run smooth, but we never give up.
6. How did your activities and research for this CyberFair Project support standards, required coursework and curriculum standards?
The Research combine with Grade 1-9 Curriculum and School-based Curriculum.
1. Center Concept of Research “Cherish our homeland; cultivate our culture.” “No root is dangerous.” To find the root of culture, reinforce the identification of homeland is the belief of our team. For the four years, our team start from the pictures, writings of the ideal “sunshine, hope, new Chungping” and take the center concept of “cherish our homeland; cultivate our culture.” To manipulate the theory of characteristic school, school-based theory, theory of multiple intelligence and the theory of strategic alliance, develops the curriculum of “Bu-Ma Over Guoling Hill, Inheritance of Hakka Culture” to cultivate local cultures. From the implementation of the curriculum, reinforces the abilities of experiencing homeland, identifying with homeland, descending culture, developing industry. The basic concepts as below:
1-1. Students Are The Leading Roles of Learning Students are the center of learning, designing proper curriculum for them to learn from life. Hope the implementation of the curriculum will make all the students be talent, all the teachers be mentor, learn all the time, every thing be material, learning everywhere.
1-2. Community Is The Classroom of Learning Combining grade1-9 curriculum with the learning areas manipulates the concept of learning MRT to design creative learning route and encourage students to learn. We select 20 typical scenic spots in Guoling and Shuanglian district to design four learning routes and named by local homeland. 2. Goals of The Research
2-1. Cultivate Students with Abilities Committee of school curriculum development decides to use the ten core competences as the central competence of CPES students. We focus on evaluating students on expression of appreciation and creativity, communication and sharing, respect and team cooperation, culture learning and international comprehension. In addition, we use formative evaluation to …