1. Description of Our Community
Pingle ancient town in southwest of Chengdu city in Sichuan province's Qionglai city. Pingle ancient town whose history can be traced back to the ancient times, so far, more than 2000 years of history. Pingle ancient town is a national AAAA tourism, tourism development promotes the development of the local economy, with tourism developing, cultural construction has taken on a total sharply change.
2. Summary of Our Project
The interview to 'Art Trainning Center' held in hometown by our local celebrities, former head of Sichuan Music Institute professor Huang Wanpin and paticipation in cyberfair project 'Local Leaders', we discussed on Huang who comes from countryside has bedd a good road for the youths to learn art and made a greater contribution to produce more outstanding artistic talent in his hometown. Discussion on the since 'Huang Wanpin Culture and Art Training School' founded in his hometown, he has dedicated spirit of heat to music education, the construction of local culture transformation as well as promotion of arts education in school. Through this platform, it shows to the outside world the achievements and lessons have learned in art education of our school, seeking to further upward mobility.
3. Our Computer and Internet Access
A. Percentage of students using the Internet at home:more than 50%
B. Number of workstations with Internet access in the classroom:2-3
C. Connection speed used in the classroom:dedicated connection
D. Number of years our classroom has been connected to the Internet:2-3
E. Additional comments concerning your computer and/or Internet access (Optional):
Our school has one electron preparing room for teachers, two Internet classrooms, 120 the existing students’ using computers, student’s computer high frequency of use, China Telecom's ADSL (6M) access Internet network.
4. Problems We Had To Overcome
1. Lack of experience,Computer operations are not skilled, lacking of basic skills for making Web pages.Tutors took use of rest time to help students learning computer knowledge. In particular, Webpage producing technology, school students joined hands to help each other use to learn computers on the campus network. 2?The school computer equipment is old, speed is slow, which brings our making process not small difficulties. School leaders pay highly attentions, they specially equipped with a higher computer intended solely for students producing webpage which greatly increases our interest, it is a decisive guarantee for our study and produce. 3?Time is particularly tight, visited with little time, students’ lessons and activity often conflicted.Reasonable adjustment of spare time, instructor contacted with visited people by telephone in advance for successful visits.
5. Our Project Sound Bite
Looking back the activity bit by bit, we feel a deep impression. We started with noverty who have never been involved in this practice, we feel very fresh. First contacted with the new item, the beginning is not understood at all, by instructor patiently gave us explaination and hands-on teaching, letting us start from preliminary knowledge from Webpage, we understand the basics of Webpage design, learn in the process, browse many outstanding works on the Internet and grasp some basic skills in Webpage application. For example: Basic operations of camera use, the handle of simple pictures, Webpage templates application, content layout and edit, the archive of scanner and so on. Therefore, we have learned a lot of knowledge and skills where the book could not be.
6. How did your activities and research for this CyberFair Project support standards, required coursework and curriculum standards?
Emphasis on the purpose of participation and procedure, getting exercise in social practice activities, especially the high school new course reform has attached great importance to the cultivation of the students' social practice, which is an example of comprehensive practical activities curriculum, the core element of the research study and practice course.