1. Description of Our Community
Xisong Night School is located in Sonnchang District, Taipei, Taiwan. The Rhythm Band of it already has a 30-year history. It has won a lot of prize ever since it established.
2. Summary of Our Project
We would like to explore why this band can be so successful and also to record all its glory. Furthermonre, We wish to work with the band to promote a music like to the whole community.
3. Our Computer and Internet Access
A. Percentage of students using the Internet at home:more than 50%
B. Number of workstations with Internet access in the classroom:more than 6
C. Connection speed used in the classroom:dedicated connection
D. Number of years our classroom has been connected to the Internet:4-6
4. Problems We Had To Overcome
First, although we have found plenty of information, sometimes it’s not easy to verify its reliability. We need to check over and over before we can really use it. Second, it is not as easy as we thought while doing the survey. We had been rejected a lot when looking for the interviewees. However, we realize if we can be more polite and sincere, things will go much more smoothly.
5. Our Project Sound Bite
Music is fun! We hope everyone in the community will love music as well as the members of the Ryhthm Band.
6. How did your activities and research for this CyberFair Project support standards, required coursework and curriculum standards?
1. Language Arts : The language ability is the most important subject during the research. It applies to the interview questions, research report, and analytical diagrams. Every time we wrote the report, our writing skills improved. 2. Mathematics: When we were conducting statistical analysis for the survey, we had to count the number of subjects, calculated the percentage, and trained our ability to read the charts. Thus, our math ability was improved. 3. Arts and Humanities: For webpage editing, we learned computer skills, and webpage layout and design. Science and Technology: We searched information on the Internet and used various software for writing or webpage editing; thus, we improved our IT skills. 4. Social Studies: We have to understand the essential of the night school education and find out why it is important to our society. Besides, we learn more about the original cultures of the immigrants. 5. Integrative Activities: During this project, we all kept positive interaction in cooperation and collaboration. The sense of accomplishment is our main motivation.