1. Description of Our Community
Turkey has been a cradle and bridge for many civilizations, inherited traditions and cultures of earlier civilizations, created her own culture and contributed in this respect to other countries and peoples. It is natural for others to show an interest in this rich culture and attractive location. Awareness is the prerequisite of becoming interested. As a matter of fact, promotional activities strive not only to facilitate communication, to eradicate prejudices, to provide accurate information and a positive image, but also to cultivate awareness. We believe that cultural relations strengthen mutual understanding among countries, create an appropriate platform for joint action and by creating networks play an essential role in achieving success in the exercise of public diplomacy.
2. Summary of Our Project
We have many activites about to improve leadership abilities in our school . Since , leadership ability is an ability to discover in early years of education life . We made several activities to found children’s leadership ability . We searched about famous leaders around the World . Tayyip Erdogan is our projects’ model leader with his character , his helpfulnes sand tolerativeness towards neighbours also with his ‘mediatorship’ abilty . Moreover, he is a culture ambassador . We found pictures and videos about this issue . We realized that our students’ leadership abilities and self confidence increased and they recognized that leadership is an important part of World politics . We want to develop students’ creativity and productivity . Therefore we concentrated much about his achievements and their immediate effects upon Turkish people stressing his characteristics that would fit for a world leader. Throughout the Project we paid attention to be clear on Erdogan’s implementations as well as his peculiar life style.
3. Our Computer and Internet Access
A. Percentage of students using the Internet at home:more than 50%
B. Number of workstations with Internet access in the classroom:more than 6
C. Connection speed used in the classroom:dial-up modem
D. Number of years our classroom has been connected to the Internet:more than 6
E. Additional comments concerning your computer and/or Internet access (Optional):
There is a computer in every class , and an informatics room in our school.
4. Problems We Had To Overcome
Time allocation -There were very little common free time for us to work on our Project effectively. We communicated on Internet andmails.
Foreign language problems -We had difficulties while translating our data from Turkish to English. -However, Hatice Pehlivanlar and Mustafa Ünal solved out this problem.
5. Our Project Sound Bite
New World is on the hands of children who have the ability to lead a team and create difference. Best model for them on this issue is Tayyip Erdogan.
6. How did your activities and research for this CyberFair Project support standards, required coursework and curriculum standards?
1) Zero problem on strategic relationships and good affairs with neighbours.
- Forinstance , mutual non-visa travelling with over 60 countries . - Partnership to the Great Middle Eastern Project
2) Inter-cultural modelling in borders and out of country - Solving strategic problems with ethnic and religious minorities. And solving historical and actual problems. - Mediatorship in diplomatical problems between Greece , Syria , Iran , Georgia and etc. 3)To base trade and economics in foreignpolicies - Economical modelling in Sudan - Improving border trade with Iraq and Iran
4)Being a model forMiddle Eastern and African countries - Being a model of democracy in governing - Modelling on economical managing affairs
5)Humanitarian side - Aid to natural disasters in Japan and Somalia - Rescue all foreigners from Libyan lands to their homelands.