1) What information tools & technologies did you used to complete your CyberFair project?
01. The tools we have used are as following. They are 6 laptop computers, telephones, digital cameras, scanners, digital tape recorders, Microsoft Office, Photo Impact, libraries, books, newspapers, museums and oral interviews. 02. They help us to digitalize documents and photos easily. 03. We locate through schools, parents, teachers, classmates and friends. 04. No, we borrow those tools from schools, parents, teachers, classmates or friends. 05. I think the laptop computer is the most valuable tool. It is because we could type, edit document, modifying photos by it. 06. Internet is the most helpful technology. It helps a lot for us to gather information that we need for this project.
2) In what ways did you act as "ambassadors" and spokespersons for your CyberFair project both on-line and in person.
The reason why we choose this museum is because some part of our Chinese lessons and school-based curriculum is related to the indigenous culture and many of the students seems to be so interested in this top. So we decide to find more information about indigenous culture. When surfing the internet, we find that there is a museum which is called Shung Ye Museum of Formosan Aborigines nearby. After discussing, we decide to make a phone call to tell the museum about our visit. While knowing our goal is to make more people to know this museum, their director welcomes us to visit them.
After visiting Shung Ye Museum of Formosan Aborigines, we find their passion on culture and education. Most important, the content of what they display is so meaningful and worthy promoting. We decide to make a project about this museum.
In Taiwan, most people are not so interested in going to museums. The main problem of this museum is that there are so many people want to visit them.
If we could do the project and make more people to know their feature, I think it helps for them to attract more visitors. More over, we also provide visitors other information in their neighborhood.
3) What has been the impact of your project on your community?
01.Yes, we will let more people to know things about indigenous people and the feature of this museum. 02.Yes, people of my community learn more knowledge of indigenous people and they also know the existence of this museum. 03.Yes, they know that there is such a good place to go during their free time. 04.We established new working relationship with people in our community and they are so helpful if we needed some tools like digital tape recorder. 05.Besides the students, their parents and other school teachers also looked our website. 06.We gained some positive feedback from the staff of that museum and also form the people in our community. 07.We make people in our community know thing about this museum and also provide them information to go during the weekend in the neighborhood of this museum.
4) How did your project involve other members of your community as helpers and volunteers?
We asked them for providing tools for making website of Shung Ye Museum of Formosan Aborigines. Sometimes if we need some place for discussion, we would also ask for assistance. What’s more, if sometimes our parents are too busy to visit the museum with us, other parents we know in our community would be so kind as to take us there and help us to think of questions to ask the director and volunteer of that museum.
We really appreciate their help. With their help, we don’t have some many problems to overcome. In the future, if they need our help, we would also be so willing to help them in return.