1. Description of Our Community
We are the students of Citra Kasih National Plus Primary School in West Jakarta, Indonesia. Our school was built by Mr Ciputra as the founder of Indonesia Entrepreneurship education curricullum which is applied in our school. We are studying in grade 4 and 5, age 9-11 years old. We have new Interest Group Program in our school. Our interest group name is Junior Journalistic, we work together with Web Design interest group. The worked was devided in a balanced way. Journalistic team find the information, pictures and video, while the others worked to create the website and design. We managed to contact Harry Van Jogja as our source.
2. Summary of Our Project
Our project is about local leader. We choose Harry Van Jogja as one of the inspire man among pedicab drivers. He is not only an ordinary pedicab driver but also inovative, creative, hardworking, willing to learn something new, and a good entrepreneur in advertising his pedicab service through social network like; Face Book, Twitter, Telephone, Yahoo Messager, Skype. This idea has inspired among pedicab drivers in his hometown.
3. Our Computer and Internet Access
A. Percentage of students using the Internet at home:21-50%
B. Number of workstations with Internet access in the classroom:more than 6
C. Connection speed used in the classroom:dedicated connection
D. Number of years our classroom has been connected to the Internet:more than 6
E. Additional comments concerning your computer and/or Internet access (Optional):
At school, we have Wifi connection. So every classroom can get internet connection easily. Our International internet access uses 1 Mbps, for Indonesia internet exchange access uses 10 Mbps. Our internet access and connection work very well.
4. Problems We Had To Overcome
Time arrangement: We have meeting around 2 hour 30 minutes in a week to do the project. However, every second weeks in a month we always join Religion lesson in our school, so our Interest group activities will be only 1 hour 30 minutes. 2. Language difficulties: Many of our sources in Indonesian language, and we need to translate it to English, but we got help from our teacher.
5. Our Project Sound Bite
It is very challenging and exciting that the students enjoy doing the project. We found that interest group Journalistic and Web Design can improve a better students to face the 21st century.
6. How did your activities and research for this CyberFair Project support standards, required coursework and curriculum standards?
1. Our project are related to our national and entrepreneurship curricullum standard for Social Study, Civics, and Language about How to Use Internet and Social Networks in Positive Ways. The project also connected with our Computer lesson curricullum which is learnt about how to develop a website, edit, insert picture and video. In Journalistic Interest Group program we develop our writting skills and exploring the information of some issues. In Web Design School Interest Group program we learn about making website. According to us, our entrepreneurship curriculum shape a new mindset for us, we can see that entrepreneurship education will change the poverty in our society. Therefore, through this project we learned more about entrepreneurship principles and share to the Global School Net Community. From this project we learned: how to research about a leadership figure, we can explore the information from various resources (internet, books, interview, video, etc), compile it and develop a web. This is a new skill and new experience for us. During making this project we can work together as a teamwork. We are willing to help each others.