1. Description of Our Community
Hualien County locates in East Taiwan, facing endless Pacific Ocean in the east, connecting with magnificent Central Mountain Area. With mountains and the ocean make it a world-famous scenery, Toroko Gorge in the north, coastline national park scenery area in the east, Jade Mountain National Park in the south, East Rift Valley with fantastic countryside views passing through. Nature beauty is all around.
2. Summary of Our Project
Cycling in Hualien with a gentle breeze and beautiful sights along the journey are amazingly enjoyable. Hualien is also devoted to environmental protection. More and more cycling lanes are built to provide tourists with a comfortable ride while visiting the beautiful sights in Hualien. All the sights and landscapes were created by this land. You don't need to go abroad to enjoy beautiful nature, such as pastureland spread out far beyond the horizon, you can see it all here in Hualien. We recommend this place sincerely and hope that everyone can enjoy the sweetness of the nature. Come to Hualien to treat yourself to a good time.
3. Our Computer and Internet Access
A. Percentage of students using the Internet at home:more than 50%
B. Number of workstations with Internet access in the classroom:more than 6
C. Connection speed used in the classroom:dedicated connection
D. Number of years our classroom has been connected to the Internet:1
E. Additional comments concerning your computer and/or Internet access (Optional):
The school's internet situation Currently our school uses ADSL cable connection in our computer lab.We have 76 computers for the students and 2 for the teacher. Home internet situation Members of the team use 56K dial-up service and ADSL cable connection.At home we utilize MSN messenger, email, and FTP to discuss and to transmit information.
4. Problems We Had To Overcome
1. we got help from rou principle ,School administration Department staffs, related units and persons. 2. Parents help on contacting narrator and project related people. 3. Project buget is relying on School Administration budget and sponsers found by teachers to support. 4. Teachers drive vehicle for transportion. 5. We want to thank the Department of Education Mission Development and Tzu Chi Foundation Archives provided information and introduction. 6. Use lunch break and school break time to research the project.
5. Our Project Sound Bite
Over the past few months, we participated in an online exhibition which made each of our team members very happy. During this time, we also designed many bike path plans. Although we ran into a lot of problems, every team member worked together and one by one we were able to resolve those problems. On January 1, we visited a carp pond on our bikes. This helped us to better understand Hualien and that it is a great place. When you have had enough of the big city life, you might as well come and take a self-help trip to Hualien's divine bike trails.
6. How did your activities and research for this CyberFair Project support standards, required coursework and curriculum standards?
This research project is to let others know about Hualien's Cycling lanes. We'll use an online exposition to let them knowof the beauty of these pathways.Every team member will be assigned to a group that will work togetherto complete their tasks, discuss the project, andcollect and organize information.By using this approach we will 'kill two birds with one stone' becausewe not only achieve our goal but each teammember has a chance to increase their own knowledge as well.