1. Description of Our Community
Our region is Xiama, which is part of Huarui Tibetan region. This area includes Xi Da Tan of Tianzhu County, Duoshi villige, Zhuaxi Longxiu Village, Anyuan Town, Do Da Tan, etc. Our research emphasizes on Xi Da Tan.
2. Summary of Our Project
In the summer of 2006, staff of EDEN Foundation came to our school accidently. However, after this meeting, EDEN Foundation became closely connected to our school and helped our school’s development. Since summer of 2007, EDEN Foundation has organized volunteering teaching for our school, three years in row, and the number of volunteers is more than 240. EDEN Foundation also helped us with material donations. Our website is to record their work and our gratitude.
3. Our Computer and Internet Access
A. Percentage of students using the Internet at home:none
B. Number of workstations with Internet access in the classroom:1
C. Connection speed used in the classroom:not sure
D. Number of years our classroom has been connected to the Internet:4-6
4. Problems We Had To Overcome
1.lack of experience. 2.lack of technique support. 3.lack of time
5. Our Project Sound Bite
As long as you put your heart into your work, you’ll succeed.
6. How did your activities and research for this CyberFair Project support standards, required coursework and curriculum standards?
• Our research can help us to remember every loving journey EDEN Foundation made to Da Xi Tan and to record our school’s story with EDEN as a historical document. On the other hand, it will help students and teachers in our school to know EDEN better and to understand the greatness of the love across Taiwan Strait. Our research can also be seen as a development of school course. The research result can be content of our school’s course. • Our monographic research plan leads us to explore our school’s cultural resources which we could use to cultivate students and influence society.