1. Description of Our Community
Pan-Chou City is situated at Taipei County, which is near Taipei City, Taiwan. The city has its own new and old parts since it was ruled by Ching Dynasty and Japan during World War II. The most famous site to visit is the ancient buildings of Lin's family. The family is the richest one in the past. Nowadays, the city has developed into a combination of old cultures and modern facilities. In the future, the city will become an important area of Taipei County for the modern construction and increasing population.
2. Summary of Our Project
We are going to introduce an artist, who is famous and can be regarded as a local leader on his achievements for artistic works on prints, sketches and oil paintings--Huang Shi Tuan. His works have been exhibited and collected by some art museums in Taiwan, China and even other countries. His achievements affect our community so much and are worthy of reporting. Thus, we decided to build the website to introduce Mr. Huang's efferts on his process of success plus his works, which are mostly focus on 'image' and represent the abstract art by way of colors, drawings and sense of sight.
3. Our Computer and Internet Access
A. Percentage of students using the Internet at home:less than 20
B. Number of workstations with Internet access in the classroom:2-3
C. Connection speed used in the classroom:dedicated connection
D. Number of years our classroom has been connected to the Internet:more than 6
E. Additional comments concerning your computer and/or Internet access (Optional):
1. With 10 MB ADSL speed for the internet, more than 3 servers and 15 PCs(all connected to Internet) for our students to finish their project. 2. Notebooks are also prepared for back up the data.
4. Problems We Had To Overcome
1. We have to fly to Kinmen islands by airplane to visit the hometown of Mr. Huang. That spends a lot of money and time. 2. We got many data to collect and rearrange, and we have to visit many persons who know Mr. Huang. 3. It's also difficult for us to define the topic and items that we have to build for the website.
5. Our Project Sound Bite
This project gives us an inspiration and experiences to know a famous artist, who is devoted his own efforts to his profession and known by our community and the art field.
6. How did your activities and research for this CyberFair Project support standards, required coursework and curriculum standards?
1. Our activities for this project are much valuable for students in our school who take art subjects. 2. By using computers to build the website, our members learn a lot about how to organize data to design a website. 3. Students form a vlub to do a research for the project. 4. Joining the world competition, our team members lears skills of translation from Chinese to English. It's really helpful.