1. Description of Our Community
In the parade of Taiwanese temple activity, the statues of divine generals can be seen almost everywhere. Lujhou has the largest number of statues of divine generals in Taiwan and it is also known as “the hometown of divine generals.” The cultural development of divine generals in Lujhou has been an important part to residents in Lujhou long time ago and it is also a cultural representative of the glory in Lujhou. Therefore, it is necessary for every resident in Lujhou to understand the beauty of divine generals. And it is hoped that through our efforts in research and propagation, more people can know about these messengers of justice – divine generals!
2. Summary of Our Project
The topic of this Cyberfair project is the sixteen statues of divine generals in the Divine General Festival in Lujhou Baohe Temple. We collected information regarding the sixteen statues of divine generals in Lujhou Baohe Temple through interviews, online data search, and personal participation in relevant temple activities. The appearance of each divine general is different and is also of its unique legend and meaning behind. Through understanding divine generals, not only the beauty of art such as beauty of costume, accessories, carving technique of divine generals can be appreciated but also the history and folk stories in China can be further understood. And the local folk culture of Lujhou can also be presented.
3. Our Computer and Internet Access
A. Percentage of students using the Internet at home:more than 50%
B. Number of workstations with Internet access in the classroom:more than 6
C. Connection speed used in the classroom:dedicated connection
D. Number of years our classroom has been connected to the Internet:more than 6
E. Additional comments concerning your computer and/or Internet access (Optional):
FTTS fiber network, 100M bps, connected to Taipei County Bureau of Education.
4. Problems We Had To Overcome
1.Agreement getting We come from four different classes, it was quite hard to unify our opinions. However, it was so important a thing for us to complete the mission, so that we need to learn how to reach the best agreement. We discussed, found all the useful resource, asked teacher for help. By doing so, now we’ve learned the simplicity of respect and perseverance. 2.Endless learning At the beginning, we were unfamiliar with Divine Generals. When finding the information of Divine Generals, we encountered great difficulties. Teachers allowed us to visit Baohe Temple first. Through visiting the temple, joining all the ceremonies, taking a picture, recording, using the camera to shoot, we learned more day by day. In the long run, we could deliver the best introduction toward lots of people!
5. Our Project Sound Bite
This mission was so tiring that we couldn’t do it with an easy heart. We’ve learned a lot by achieving the mission. It was perseverance that helped us to complete the big task. Sincerely hope our website could be approved.
6. How did your activities and research for this CyberFair Project support standards, required coursework and curriculum standards?
1. The community in the classroom: This study about Baohe Temple Divine General we hope our students would have the knowledge about the traditional culture about Divine General, and also hope we can make the richness of “The community in the classroom” . In our lesson plan, there is a lesson for the 3rd and 4th grade students to have the knowledge about temples, therefore during our“Divine General Week”,we not only let our students see the Divine General ,tell them the stories about the Divine General; but also make many activities and lesson plan to fit every grades, and make them gain a lot of knowledge. 2. Social Studies: We broaden the depth of the courses in the social field in the different grades about the content of the traditional culture, through the activities, we can learn more together. 3. Art and Humanities: We led our students to explore the essence of Divine General, and use painting, drama and making video to show our project .We hope our students can gain a lot of knowledge about the traditional culture and inspire them to cherish the essence of community culture.