1. Description of Our Community
Gui'de County is located at northeast of Qinghai-Tibetan Plateau, which has five towns and 100,000 population. The whole area is 3600 sqkm2 and the altitude is more than 2500m. It belongs to plateau continental climate, which characterizes in strong sunshine, dry in winter and spring, cool and wet in summer and autumn. In Gui'de County, the natural environment is beautiful. It's rich in vegetables and fruit. Different ethnic groups live together, including Han people, Tibetan, Hui and Mongolian. Among them, Tibetan population occupies 33.48%.
2. Summary of Our Project
The topic of this research is to guide students to discover love and give love to others by introducting what buddhas have done. Love is the purest and warmest in the world. Love is eternal. Every one can get love and grow in love. Love can bring warmth and touching to others. After this activity, many students become more sensible. This activity makes students know the importance of helping others. They show their concern towards other people. We hope we can guide students to give more warmth to other people.
3. Our Computer and Internet Access
A. Percentage of students using the Internet at home:none
B. Number of workstations with Internet access in the classroom:1
C. Connection speed used in the classroom:dedicated connection
D. Number of years our classroom has been connected to the Internet:4-6
E. Additional comments concerning your computer and/or Internet access (Optional):
1. The local area network in school has been established with the speed of 100m under the help of Ministry of Education and Town & Talent Co.,Ltd. 2. The network can be connected to telecom in Guide County with the speed of 2Mbps. 3. An earth satellite receiving system is connected to the local area network in the school.
4. Problems We Had To Overcome
1. on organizing the team The team members are chosen from different classes and grades, so it is difficult to coordinate among them, but they can show their different skills. We try our best to overcome these difficulties and organize our team. 2. on arrangement of time Buddhas are very busy, so our interviews have been postponed for several times. We have to call them beforehand. The teachers coordinate our time and fix that the afternoon and evening of every Monday and Thursday is the time to hold meetings. 3. on technologies The students are not very good at using computers. Thanks to our teachers who instruct us on how to use computers, we have made progress in this aspect. 4. on interviews Lack of relevant experiences, it is a big challenge for us to have interviews with buddhas on what they have done to build a harmonious society and give their love to other people. Under the help of our teachers and our own efforts, we managed to complete our task and we also realize the hardship of a journalist.
5. Our Project Sound Bite
We have realized what love is and how to show our love to other people by taking part in this activity. There are so many kind people around us such as these buddhas, president Wen Shiren and Lin Guangxin, as well as other people in Town and Talent Co.,Ltd. We hope all the people can give their love to others to make the world more beautiful.
6. How did your activities and research for this CyberFair Project support standards, required coursework and curriculum standards?
The new standards of Chinese lesson in junior high school require that students have the knowledge of humanity and science, as well as the creative spirits, cooperation and open mind, the ability of comprehension and communication, data collection and data analysis. The modern education has become multiplex and international, the task of our team is to foster the quality of ethics and science of students. According to the new standards, we have gained various abilities, for example: 1) This activity has broad sense in humanity, which has great influence on spirits. 2) This activity is of great help to promote the ability of practice. 3) This activity stimulates the initiative of students, as well as cooperative learning method. 4) This activity is of great help to foster the patriotic spirits of students, to form correct attitudes towards life and value. 5) This activity improves our ability of comprehension and writing and enriches our spirits. 6) In the aspect of oral communication, our ability has been improved by interviews, and cooperation spirit has also been improved.