1) What information tools & technologies did you used to complete your CyberFair project?
(1) Internet hard discs and workroom of CyberFair offer us to run and save our information and project anytime. Meantime, we can view other participants’ great projects . 2) The equipments we use Telephone:connect with team members/interviewers Computer:proceed and save the information ADSL network:spread or download the data and files Scanner:scan pictures and newspapers Printer:print data Digital camera:record visits,interviews and activities Digital video camera: record movement for visits, interviews (3) Our school internet environment: a. a Linux server-let students put their information and web pages. b.40 computers to let students go to internet and print information with internet printers anytime. c.students scan pictures and newspaper with scanners at the computer room (4)The computer software we use: Macromedia Dreamweaver:build and manage project Macromedia Flash:Produce moving picture Ulead PhotoImpact?Photoshop:create images Acdsee:manage digital pictures Microsoft Word: deal writing data Internet Explore:view,source,send and download data Skype:Communicate software for students YAHOO e-mail box:send messages
2) In what ways did you act as "ambassadors" and spokespersons for your CyberFair project both on-line and in person.
(1)There has 3 parents work in Taichung District Agricultural Research and Extension Station , the staffs in Station are welcomed highly to our visitings and interviews through the parents' contacts. (2)No mater people are in our country or oversea have known Taichung District Agricultural Research and Extension Station very well and understood how the agriculture is contributed with Taiwan specifically through this International Schools CyberFair project
3) What has been the impact of your project on your community?
(1) Recall everybody to respect agriculture: Agriculture was once one of important industries in Taiwan at the early stages. After Taiwan joined into WTO, Taiwan agriculture must to improve and research continuously in order to face with the international agricultural competition and let the agricultural development forever. (2) Understood the organization is our best neighbor: There have many specialized researchers in the organization. They not only are excellent teachers for agriculture but also work for agriculture improvement and blight prevention. These bring large benefits to the central Taiwan.
4) How did your project involve other members of your community as helpers and volunteers?
1.Mr. Yu-Huai Wang,Miss Shu-Zhen Lin: help to design home page,brief page, braid website 2.Mrs. Bi- Zhen Hong:provide information and pictures, contact interior research staffs 3.Mrs Li-Ling Lai:sign up the fair,translate English website,lead students to make international peer review .
5) Discoveries, Lessons and Surprises (Optional)
we had scanty knowledge regarding the Taichung District Agricultural Research and Extension Station before run the project. After finished the project, we have understood them everything. For example: the knowledge of agricultural research for rice, flowers and plants, the clod, bioscience, medicinal herbs…, we also have known Dr. Chen-the chief of Taichung District Agricultural Research and Extension Station , Dr. Gui-Fang Bai, Dr. Yu-Xing Chen, Dr. Long-Ren Zhang, Dr. Li-Hong Qiu, researchers of Ai-Na Xu , Hong-Tang Chen… They provide their efforts quietly for Taiwan Agriculture and let us enjoy delicious crops except farmers’ hard plant. It deserve to cheer and respect these agricultural forerunners