1) What information tools & technologies did you used to complete your CyberFair project?
(1) Tape recorders: We use tape recorders to record the process of interview and later on it helps us to write the contents of the interview. (2) Digital camera, usual camera, and instantaneous camera: We make use of them to record what we have done. (3) Telephones and faxes : We use telephones and faxes to make appointments before interview. We also use the telephones to contact with each other and discuss our ideas about the project. (4) Radio: We listen to the radio program about CyberFair news on Taipei Educational Broadcasting Station. (5) Scanners and Imaging processing softwares: We use scanners to scan all the pictures. (6) Computer software: We use Dreamwaver3.0 and PhotoImpact6 to make our homepages. (7) Libraries: We go to libraries in Hualien to collect some information about our project. We also acquire information from books, magazines, and newspapers. (8) Copy machine: We use copy machines to copy articles about our project. We also acquire information from books, magazines, and newspapers. (9) Oral interview: We interviewed a lot of people and recorded the contents of the interviews.
2) In what ways did you act as "ambassadors" and spokespersons for your CyberFair project both on-line and in person.
Before deciding the topic of the project, we have heard of Dr. Su. He devotes himself not only to the society of Taiwan, but also to other undeveloped countries. He attends Youth activities and offers free medical care. Therefore, We want to write about things that Dr. Su has done, andto tell his stories to the world by Internet. We interview some of Dr. Su’s friends in person, such as manager Chan , he works in consultary department in Yuli Junior High School. We visit Mr. Cheng , he is a manager of Lan-An Educational Foundation. We also interview priest Hsu’s wife in Yuli church, Dr. Hung Sho Ang, Dr. Chen Jin Hun, and nurses and patients in Yung Ang Clinic. By interviewing these people, we understand more about Dr. Su and his devotion to our society.
3) What has been the impact of your project on your community?
We hope that by using Internet we can make more people know about Dr. Su's devotion who devotes himself to our society and to the other undeveloped countries , moreover, we hope more and more people can help youngsters in our society. Through the planned activities Dr.Su promoted and joined that make the people of all ranks in our community interactive and cooperative for our hometown. In these years, how much things he has cared, and how much things he has done for us, the facts are showed us. In addition, we also hope everyone who live in Taiwan can be woken up to understand the land and further affect the others by ourselves.
4) How did your project involve other members of your community as helpers and volunteers?
The principal of Da Yu Primary School, Tang Yu Yi, and all of the teachers and students in our school for their encouragement and supports. The manager of Lan- An Educational Foundation, Mr. Cheng: He said that Dr. Su received 2 awards for his devotion to our society. Our ex-president Lee Dung Hei and the current president Chen Shui Bien both praised him in public. He gives us a full detail of Dr. Su. Because of his help, we can keep doing the project. Priest Hsu’s wife in Yuli church: Although she was very busy, she was still willing to accept our interview. The manager of consultary department in Yuli Junior High School, Mr. Chan: He offered us information about the “Winner Curriculum”. Our principal, Teacher Wang and Teacher Lin helped us to solve the traffic problem when we went to interview. Lang Wei Chin, a student in Dong Hu Junior High School in Taipei, he helped us to make some of our homepages
5) Discoveries, Lessons and Surprises (Optional)
(1) The importance of medical care in a distant location We learned that the lack of medical care in Lan Yu and mountains from the process of our interviews. Especially in Lan Yu , because of lack of enough medical care resource, there are still some terrible tradition there. (2) We should pay attention to teenager problems We find that Dr. Su also cares a lot about the teenagers after doing this project. We understand Dr. Su more. We make up our minds to care for others, and we want to make a society that is full of love and care. (3) Time pressure As time goes by, we feel that we don't have much time to do the project. Each of us learns to make good use of time, and we overcome this problem together. Now we are all efficient time managers. (4) More students start joining the CyberFair competition Because of the new education policy, students start to study in multiple and independent ways. Schools implement the computer education, so more and more students pay attention to the CyberFair competition. (5) The magic Internet world We do this project by Internet. We get much information from Internet. By doing so, we can solve almost all of our questions and problems. These experiences enable us to increase our abilities, such as how to interview, use computer to arrange our data, make homepages, and collect information. (6) We have a dream We are deeply moved by the spirit of Dr. Su. We decide to make these stories of Dr. Su's spirit be known by everyone. We do the project not only because these are warm stories, we also want all the people, no matter where they are or whom they are, to learn to reconsider the meaning of our lives and do care for others. We have a dream-to make this world full of warmth and love. Is it only our fantasy imagined world? We don't think so. We will follow Dr. Su's spirit and keep believing it will come true one day.