1. Description of Our Community
When walking around the downtown of Kaohsiung, you can't help meeting something new. It's interesting to take a look into the past the transformation of the city and to know how it turned from an outport to a modern commercial harbor. The topic, The Transformation of Kaohsiung, contains three issues, which are the changes, the differences and the history of the tourist spots in Kaohsiung city. Besides, the analysis about how Kaohsiung transformed will be included! Love River, the city harbor, and the shopping area all got a new face. The old train station was our sweet memory, and the new one will be our pride. Of course, the MRT means there will be a great progress in the city. Kaohsiung was not only a simple beautiful town but also a harbor full of friendship. And Now it is both a modern city with multi-functions and a place worth visiting.
2. Summary of Our Project
As a citizen in Koahsiung, we take it as our responsibility to know the history of Kaohsiung. When speaking of Kaohsiung, the harbor, containers and tunnels were mentioned most. However, the city has transformed so much that we want to keep what Kaohsiung was and has been in our website for someone who would like to understand the changes about Ksohsiung. It's really not an easy job to get all these valuable pictures, and oftentimes, we have to visit so many places to make our collections complete. Besides, in order to make our website perfect, which will contain every different images of the transforming city, Kaohsiung, we learn that creativity and close teamwork are so crucial. Because of the transformation from an industrial outport to a modern city, the buildings in Kaohsiung show the variety and vitality which definitely repaint the whole city. What we put in our website is not only the black-and –white but our affection to our hometown, Kaohsiung.
3. Our Computer and Internet Access
A. Percentage of students using the Internet at home:more than 50%
B. Number of workstations with Internet access in the classroom:more than 6
C. Connection speed used in the classroom:dedicated connection
D. Number of years our classroom has been connected to the Internet:more than 6
E. Additional comments concerning your computer and/or Internet access (Optional):
The academic network of Taiwan, the optic fibre links this school.
4. Problems We Had To Overcome
1. Communication: We got few time to discuss together as the members are in different classes. Solution: To schedule the meeting and to use the Internet help solve the problem.
2. Progress: Each group had diverse progress, so it was hard to integrate all the works. Solution: To schedule the deadlines when assigning work helps a lot.
3. Intellectual property: We couldn’t apply the pictures on the Internet because they are unauthorized. Solution: We went to the spot to take the pictures ourselves. And we visited the museum and the publisher for authorization of the ancient pictures.
We learned that every problem could be solved through collaboration.
5. Our Project Sound Bite
It is definitely full of variety in our high school life. All the members did our best when participating in the cyber contest. Though studying is very important to students, developing interests can be more crucial. Our school gave us complete supports and abundant resources, and our instructors spent their holidays working with us. We truly understand what is Intellectual Property and learned the importance of collaboration. Besides, we have more understanding about our community and what we learned from the experience will be the most precious for us.
6. How did your activities and research for this CyberFair Project support standards, required coursework and curriculum standards?
We study webpage making and united. What we practiced is to divide the work.