1) What information tools & technologies did you used to complete your CyberFair project?
Since the school has better equipment needed for constructing the website, we have tried to make use of it as much as possible to get our work done on campus. The Equipment(Item&Purpose): 1.Computers(Word processing, data processing, website construction) 2.Usbdisk(Saving documents) 3.Files on the Net(Saving documents on the Net) 4.Broadband transmission equipment(Document transmissions and online discussions) 5.Scanner(Scanning works and photos) 6.Printer(Document printing) 7.Digital Camera(Taking pictures while interviewing and having meetings) 8.Digital Recorder(Recording interviews) 9.Digital video recorder(Filming) 10.Digital drawing equipment(Making digital pictures) 11.Phone(Communication, discussions, interviews)
2) In what ways did you act as "ambassadors" and spokespersons for your CyberFair project both on-line and in person.
1. We were curious about what “Dental Fairies” did. That was why we signed up for the team. Now we are paying attention to our teeth more than ever before. And we have more knowledge about teeth, too. We feel we can help our friends if they accidentally break their teeth. 2.We used to see the high proportion of tooth decay in Taiwanese school children. Such a phenomenon came about because of their poor diet habits. However, their lack of dental health knowledge is another major reason for their dental cavities. It is thus imperative to start with dental health education from the everyday life. We have been teaching students how to take care of dental health by doing tooth brushing, using dental floss and mouthwashes, and adopting a good diet habit. We believe this is the right way to have better dental health and we have already proved so. Years of dental health education at Dali Elementary School set up a good model for anyone who wishes to keep up good dental health. It is our greatest delight to share the experience with you.! 3.So many visitors take a tour on our campus to see how students take care of their dental health
3) What has been the impact of your project on your community?
It has been fifteen years since our school commenced the dental health program. The motive for me to lead a group of students to work on the dental health website is that we feel like making knowledge of dental health interesting. Our website is an accomplishment out of the coordination among teachers, students and parents. We might be too naïve to overlook the difficulties before we got started. For five months, we have been busy day and night with meetings, doing research, working with our computers. Now our website is eventually completed. Any ideas, comments, or critique for us will be welcomed. Most important of all, let’s work together to help children keep a habit of taking good care of their dental health.
4) How did your project involve other members of your community as helpers and volunteers?
School Nurse Li-Fen Luo, the dentists interviewed, Teacher Yu-Yen Cheng, Teacher Yun-Jing Zeng, Teacher Mei-Hua Wu, Director Hsiu-Chieh Chang, and Principal Fong-Sheng Chiu
5) Discoveries, Lessons and Surprises (Optional)
I. Why the team of Dental Fairies? 1. I can learn a lot about dental knowledge. 2. I can learn how to do tooth brushing and dental floss. 3. I can sign up for the tooth care competition. 4. I can learn how to teach someone else about tooth brushing. 5. I can answer questions about teeth. II. Does the team make a change for me? 1. I know the correct way to do tooth brushing. So my chances of tooth decay are much lower now. 2. I don’t have to worry about teeth, because I have already known a lot about them.