1) What information tools & technologies did you used to complete your CyberFair project?
Web site page designed,data stored.
Print out the pictures, data, questionnaire. Scanner
Scanning the picture and photograph.
Record the activity , Shoot Interview character , data reproduce.
Record the interview and memo.
Stores the special subject before having no conjunction network
Connection with interview organization , interview object and connection between team members.
A program that specialized sorting data also takes in to arrange in order.
Modify the picture to , make website page looks more exciting.
Flash MX Manufacture the small scaled animation short subject.
This is the more difficulty website page designing program , which can let work of formatting more apple-pie order.
Edit and store the draft content.
The literalness special effect processing for Headline,Home page etc.
Ulead GIF Animator 5
Manufacture the photograph animation.
Deliver the data file .
Browse the picture.
Receive and dispatch the letter.
The place where providing the date inquiry and search.
Collecting the data gathers and interview character .
Collect concerning report of the person, event ….etc.
The related personnel interview records.
Search and collect the data.
2) In what ways did you act as "ambassadors" and spokespersons for your CyberFair project both on-line and in person.
In order that the content of this project coincides with the courses taught in the school, we have designed a series of relevant activities, i.e. kiln of the outside campus teaching, sweet potato season in the campus, exhibition of teaching result during school's anniversary, etc. In addition to teachers, students and the people in the community, the participants include City Mayor Ying-Jiu Ma and several city council members. Furthermore, we have also attended the 110th anniversary party of the Agricultural Experimental Institute and have been introduced to the farming experts during the speeches made by Chairman of Agricultural Commission of the Executive Yuan and Director of the Agricultural Experimental Institute. By way of different types of promotion, the school has strengthened its tie with the community and the interaction gets frequent and harmonious. We believe concern about hometown events and products is the foundation homeland education. Therefore, we use the campus as the base to cultivate our hearty concern over our homeland.
3) What has been the impact of your project on your community?
Thanks to the chance of participating this CyberFair project, for a bunch of teenaged junior high students, we began as green hands with no knowledge of sweet potato industry at all, continue to grow speedily through the interaction of teaching and learning, and finally become knowledgeable students who can speak eloquently about sweet potato. We have discovered the secret of life and turning point of history with such experience, and have observed the remarkable vitality of sweet potato that carries Taiwan's past and present.
4) How did your project involve other members of your community as helpers and volunteers?
(1) Dr. Jin-Long Lee, former Chairman, Commission of Agriculture, the Executive Yuan.
At the 110th anniversary party of the Agriculture Experimental Institute of the Commission of Agriculture, Dr. Jin-Long Lee took the initiative to converse with us. He encouraged us to continue participation and concerns over agriculture.
(2) Dr. Yong-Xiong Cheng, Director, the Agriculture Experimental Institute, Jia-Yi Branch.
The director has taught us lots of knowledge. He told us that Jia-Yi Branch was the largest one for species improvement in Taiwan and invited us to visit Jia-Yi Branch.
(3) Dr. Yong-Chang Lai, the Agriculture Experiment Institute, Jia-Yi Branch
Dr. Lai is the important player in promoting the domestic sweet potato seed breeding.
He spared some of his busy hours to tour us around the Jia-Yi Branch and provided us professional study material for our reference, which makes our final works more persuasive.
(4) 'Uncle Sweet Potato', Bei-Pu Xiang, Xin-Ju County Uncle Sweet Potato is almost a live dictionary.
He introduced us the sweet potato history in Taiwan.
(5) Mr. Ying-Jiu Ma, Taipei City Mayor
At the school's anniversary, he visited the school for the opening ceremony and toured 'The Exhibition of Sweet Potato Research' in person to give us physical support.
(6) Miss Xiao, Technical Advisor, the Agriculture Experiment Institute, Commission of Agriculture, the Executive Yuan
She prepared the useful data, poster and many precious materials for the use of our web pages.
(7) Mr.Wan-Qin Li, Advisor, Farmers' Association of Xi-Hu Xiang, Miao-Li County
Mr. Li led us to participate in the activities of Xi Hu Sweet Potato Cultural & Arts Festival 2005 at Miao-Li.
5) Discoveries, Lessons and Surprises (Optional)
(1) Discovery of borderless information flow-The students of the 21st century have to be equipped with global view so as to catch up with the pace of time. The swift dissemination of information has lifted the border between one country and another. The whole world has become a global village. The impact and influence of information is borderless and omnipresent.
(2) The lessons of agriculture from prosperity to depression-Agriculture used to be the root of a nation. Taiwan was established on the basis of agriculture. Today we observe from a broad in-depth view the prosperity and depression of the Taiwanese agriculture and how it can survive in the marginal space of little concern from the society. It shows us this island's diversified profiles and brings us, who are used to it without thoughtful observance, extraordinary recollections.
(3) The surprise of 'United will to solidify a city'-From nothing to something, from curiosity to indulgence, we combined the theory with the practice and demonstrated our concerns over the nation in a pioneering spirit. We faithfully recorded everything with a sense of inheriting the past and inspiring the future. Through the actual practice, all the team members have surprisingly realized that a tiny screw is indispensable in a team during the promotional activities in campus and community.