1. Description of Our Community
Wuku village locates in the west north of Taipei country; the west north of village in the Kuanyin Mountain special zone; the east north has River Tanshu in between Tanshu village and Peito. In south, there is freeway through Wuku industrial area, so the traffic is good. Because the industrial pollution is getting worse, the quality of living is bad. Wuku village needs more art activities. Wuku pays for its prosperity.
2. Summary of Our Project
Guanyin mountain has precious history and tourism resources. We hope to introduce the precious treasure ( inculding the history of temples , old way , Guanyin' s faith , culture and industry , etc.) which belong to us through visiting and interview. Then transmit our achievement for everyone by way of the borderless network world. And you will know the assets what we have.
3. Our Computer and Internet Access
A. Percentage of students using the Internet at home:21-50%
B. Number of workstations with Internet access in the classroom:more than 6
C. Connection speed used in the classroom:dedicated connection
D. Number of years our classroom has been connected to the Internet:4-6
E. Additional comments concerning your computer and/or Internet access (Optional):
Our school through ADSL connect to the Internet Centre of Taipei county. There are two computer classrooms at school. Every office and classroom also has its own computer, so most of webpages were finished in these three places. At home, the ADSL and 56K Modern were used to collect the information and record the schedule.
4. Problems We Had To Overcome
(1) Timetable: We are students in grade six , most of students cannot stay at school after study time. We used the break time in between lesson, lunch break and the time after study time to 17:30, sometimes on Saturday and Sunday. Students who cannot come to school will do their work at home. (2) The problem of tape-record: This is our first time to do the interview and we took two tape-records. Although the teacher already reminded us that we need to listen and record at the same time, we still could not do it well. It is because we were so nervous. The speed of writing could not catch what the person interviewed said. So everyone took the turn to listen and write in order to finish the interview. It is getting better in second time. The speed of writing is getting fast and the record is better, so we finish the work quick.
5. Our Project Sound Bite
When we started the project, all of us were worry about that can not finish the work of the webpage because we have no any experience. But the teacher said that the important thing is whether you are willing to learn. So during the process of making the webpage, the team members were not afraid of working hard. And everyone has different abilities, in the group work everyone can do his best too.
Especially, this study was new experience. Each interview and exploration made us learned how to found out the problem and solved it. We worked so hard and helped each other. It was the best memory in our last year of the elementary school. And the most important thing we have learned was that it is not really easy to.
Hope this project can bring everyone joins and comes to maintain the historical site together.
6. How did your activities and research for this CyberFair Project support standards, required coursework and curriculum standards?
(1) Combining the 9-year-consistent new courses of school Our research subject ?Review the Mountain Conditions and Customs of the Guanyin Mountain?includes wildly. Form?Seven learning areas? into?Ten basic abilities?. Take students' living experiences as the main issue, make they learn the ability that can use everywhere. (2) Combine with technique information: Use computer, collect Internet information, write report, edit and make Internet page were learned in the class. Doing this project helped us to review what we learned at school and practice the technique of making page.
(3) Combine with life education: From the local experts, we learned that work's aim, meaning of living and the most important thing is to develop self's interest and ability.
(4) Combine with environmental education It can find out the environmental question and impact on individual , school and community around life by investigate in person. And by collecting resources of the living environment around , understand the management of resources.
(5) Combine with home education Find out the resources of nature and historical site in the hometown, and can plan the recreation activity for the whole family. Students can understand the meaning of the social etiquette from visit and interviews. People can know about Guanyin mountain conditions and customs immediately through the appearing of the achievement of the webpage.