The DEADLINE to submit your Project Narrative is March 20. However, you can continue working on your project until March 30. Peer Review assignments will be sent on April 1. ===============================================================
Do You Want to Know What Makes an Outstanding CyberFair Project?
Congratulations on creating a CyberFair project for your school, organization and your community. We hope that you enjoyed working on your project, connecting with your local community, and that you learned new things by viewing projects from other communities around the world.
Every year after the winners are announced, we get MANY questions about the scores. So, here is what you need to know.
CyberFair projects get EXTRA POINTS if the project:
1. Tells how the project supports the CyberFair CURRENT THEME.
2. Provides detailed EVIDENCE of LEARNING and education value.
3. Describes the RESEARCH process and learning outcomes.
4. Lists the individual team members and provides details about the CONTRIBUTIONS of each team member.
5. Involves MANY contributors to the project.
6. Presents a WORK PLAN that includes a timeline, tasks, and progress reports.
7. Includes ORIGINAL work, writing, photos, videos, or drawings created by the participants.
8. Includes an INTERACTIVE component, such as a survey, comments section, quiz, or game.
9. Includes a detailed BIBLIOGRAPHY with proper citations.
10. Provides INSIGHTFUL Peer Review comments for the assigned reviews.
11. Explains the IMPACT of the project on your school and your community.
12. Tells how students functioned as "AMBASSADORS" or spokespersons for their project both on-line and in person.
13. Talks about FUTURE plans.
14. Includes links to NEWS articles or broadcast media about your project.
15. If the project is interesting, informative, and fun!
CyberFair projects LOSE POINTS if the:
• CyberFair PARTICIPANT BANNER is missing. • BIBLIOGRAPHY is missing. • Work is NOT original. It is copied from other websites and not properly cited. • Topic does not support the CyberFair THEME. • Project does not provide EVIDENCE of learning. • Project requires viewers to download special PLUGINS to view the projects. • PEER REVIEW assignments were not completed as instructed.
Your CyberFair Support Team
Global SchoolNet Foundation:
Communicate, collaborate, & celebrate learning!
Global SchoolNet is a 501(c)(3) not-for-profit, member supported,
education organization. GSN, a developer of online content since
1984, partners with schools, communities and businesses to provide
collaborative learning activities that prepare students for the
workforce and help them to become literate and responsible global
For more information about the services and programs provided by
Global SchoolNet, please visit www.globalschoolnet.org
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Phone: 760-635-0001