Global SchoolNet encourages local, regional and national affiliate programs that replicate our model programs.
Contact Us to Discuss Affiliate Partner Opportunities:
State, county, or national educational organizations, community technology centers, or institutions of higher learning typically facilitate lGlobal SchoolNet affiliate programs -- and usually assume the following responsibilities:
- Identify and enlist the help of local stakeholders who will benefit from the Global SchoolNet programs (i.e. representatives from local schools, universities, parent-teacher organizations, county offices of education, chamber of commerce, etc.).
- Determine how local stakeholders will assess the success of Global SchoolNet programs (i.e. number of participants, quality of projects, student achievement measures, public relations, etc.)
- Articulate the ways in which Global SchoolNet activities support local content standards and educational requirements.
- Generate awareness of Global SchoolNet through local print, broadcast media (radio and television) and electronic announcements.
- Generate awareness of the Global SchoolNet programs through on-site presentations and teacher or student workshops.
- Provide support to local participants via email and phone.
- Help to keep participants on task and to complete their assignments on time.
- Develop a plan for local recognition of student achievement (i.e. certificates, prizes, awards ceremony, press releases, etc.).
- Encourage the best local projects to enter Global SchoolNet competitions